Why are there so many GoFundmes on here recently

I’m legitimately curious

2 Likes

Some of the GoFundMes are to help someone get money for a streaming setup, or a PS4, or something else somewhat related to boundless.

The other GoFundMes have been to raise money for a close friend/family member who is in need.

So in both cases, I guess it’s “desperate times call for desperate measures”.

Not trying to shame them for doing so though. If you have the means to help out, It is greatly encouraged and appreciated!

4 Likes

Times are rough for many… :frowning: I’m happy to help out where I can - I try to always help people I know here when they need it. For people I don’t know sadly I have to make choices there and don’t do too many of those as there are just so many in need out there these days, I see these a ton on social media. I prefer the public asks really since on social media I’ve gotten some DM’ed ones, a few from the same people repeatedly, and it kind of makes me feel guilty/uncomfortable when I decide against helping those. It is an unspoken part of why I pinned a tweet saying I really don’t answer DMs now except for specific game related stuff (creeps were the main reason but this was part of it). It is sad we are in a situation like this… and I know that there are people who will take advantage and try to scam, which is also part of why when I help I mainly stick to people I know at least a bit from online and foundations that I support. It is a judgement call and risk we have to take when we try to help.

3 Likes

Also not trying to shame them, I was just asking the question of why has there been an uptick in them here on the forum recently. Would love to help out if I have the money!

1 Like