Why do people want private worlds?

All that ive heard… just to clarify here some.
Its not going to be some “we lock city doors and have party inside of it”

Its same as other planets just that those who designed the planet had some saying on biome. As said you could pick colors and stuff but couldnt effect on what it spawns. Also all private planets are going to be tier 0 or 1 (starter planet)

1 Like

I see it working out if Boundless makes it bigger. And by bigger, I mean quite a bit bigger (thousands of players). Otherwise, I feel they’d be bad for the universe.

To me, it goes completely against the whole “everyone plays in the same shared universe” thing.

4 Likes

and also control over who can access the world, so you don’t have to worry about random people digging holes or blocking your long term building plans.

1 Like

Yes and no. Apparrantly we have mixed info on this. Who knows.

I think it makes sense from a parental control perspective, you want more strict controls over who’s allowed in the environment.

I also think it makes sense for ppl who want to play with the Boundless engine in single-player only mode, or terraria style multiplayer mode. I don’t consider these players a loss as they wouldn’t stick around for the MMO anyway.

I don’t like the idea of MMO reachable planets where players are paying money to generate a specific kind of color (a planet with all black rocks or w/e). Since they have total control over the planet it’s basically a way to convert real money into coins, by being the only person in the game with access to a specific color of block. I think devs should have all the say about what colors are introduced to the economy and when.

3 Likes

here’s where my info comes from:

5 Likes

All ive heard they give you like a headstart for the planet like 1 month then its open. At least what ive been reading in disc

I agree. Maybe if one can only pick a palette - the world generation system can throw a dozen different colors then, without full control of what specific colors you get for rocks or soils. So, it might be that you get your favorite color in the world, but it’s not a rock that you wanted it for, but gravel or foliage.

I think it’s not so much private worlds that people want, but more like ‘protected worlds’. Planets which are still in the same universe where you just have a bit more control what happens on it.

For me, I would like them for 2 reasons:

1. to have a complete planet to toy around with, still connected to the universe, anyone can visit and mine and blabla, but I want to have a say in who is allowed to build or not, or where
  2. I also just want more planets to visit, more block colours, more, just more! :slight_smile:

As for 1. I can also see large (or small dunno) guilds wanting to have their guild stuff on a private/protected server so they can’t be surrounded by people who are trying to get close to the action without their consent.

1 Like

If all you get is a 1 month headstart that’s just pointless. Some people want to build a 1200s era Russian city, and Pwnzrpwns2009 building a 27 block pink mud hut and disco ball in the middle just ruins your will to keep working on that project. Sure, it’s easy to say “Just plot it all,” but some people have 8 month builds planned with tens of thousands of plots needed. Not to mention Yoshi pixel art, no matter how lovely, also does not belong there.

Besides, who wouldn’t want to build an entire planet with 10 friends?

3 Likes

I agree. Maybe if one can only pick a palette - the world generation system can throw a dozen different colors then, without full control of what specific colors you get for rocks or soils. So, it might be that you get your favorite color in the world, but it’s not a rock that you wanted it for, but gravel or foliage.

Then people with enough money just will make another private planet with the same palette until they do get what they wanted…

Cool, then we will have private planets soon then since Aquarius seems to be asking people who want plots there…

Also heard rumours they already have the planet, sooooooo

Additionally, if you can pick a black on black on black world to make yourself rich, so could Pwnzrpwnz2009. Then there would be 2 planets containing “your” exclusive blocks.

3 Likes

As said thats what ive been reading. This is not official statement

1 Like

It makes sense even if it’s not official.

But it’s not like it’ll carry over into the rest of the game. That would be horrific P2W…so what’s the point?

A server with “normal” rules could carry over into regular servers - it’s just another planet.

Only if you can’t restrict access. If anyone can farm there, fine. But paying for exclusive, custom mats that can then be used/sold in the regular game is not acceptable.

I can say we do not have the planet yet. Where you get that info.

I think they were considering a tinting machine at one point to also negate this advantage.

Man, I hate that idea too. Then what is the point of different worlds?

1 Like