DKPoll: Why do you hunt?

I do honestly enjoy hunting in this game. Both running meteors and just hunting world spawns are fun. The current mob types are good and the mechanics seem fine to me(melee love pls tho). Just waiting on new content like titans (and hopefully the ability to mine a buttload of oort off them) to make it really feel rewarding.

2 Likes

I love to hunt, but Iā€™ve kinda backed off lately. Having to hunt for oort to fuel portals is kinda ruining things for me a bit. Iā€™d like to use my oort to craft beautiful blocks and for extra coin when I need it, not cook it into fuel to maintain portals.

Hint hintā€¦ Iā€™d gladly pay for a Gleam Club Plus package if it kept my portals open (for as long as Iā€™m paid up). I donā€™t enjoy fueling portals at all.

In the future, I hope there is a larger variety of creatures and maybe some bosses and/or temples, dungeons, etc. A larger variety of drops would be nice too. :+1:t3:

6 Likes

I hunt solely for oort and monster parts. I only have 3-4 small ports usually. But i do forge my own tools and craft my own blocks. Itā€™s just annoying since i burn out on hunts after like 3-4 meteors. Thats enough for what I need for ports but then I donā€™t have enough oort to donate to my guild. So now Iā€™m the slacker that doesnā€™t donate oort for guild portals lol.

Random. But do people still do hunts on T6. I know T4 now gives the most oort per hour (thanks seeds) but iā€™m finding I need monster parts more atm.

1 Like

heh, when they first mentioned farming, I was thinking also husbandry, and THIS is what I really wanted.

alsoā€¦

Remember when we used to get gems from hunting?
man, those were the days.

2 Likes

Absolutely agree.

I think Hunting is a great mechanic of the game, but i think it needs a little more variety.
Dig a hole to catch ground mobs.
Watch for Cuttles.
Collect Oort.
Chase Lesioui around
Repeat.

It would be nice for the phases of the meteor to be more distinct and challenging.
It would be nice to see people develop different tactics for combating Mobs. (Like building Structures)
It would be nice for more Oort. (thereā€¦I said it.)
Im also an advocate for player created content. A hunt is what you make it. Maybe next few hunts i go on, iā€™ll perform an engineer role and build bunkers and shooting towersā€¦and wallsā€¦ā€œoh my!ā€

5 Likes

Hunting on boundless is better than other MMOs Iā€™ve played where hunting is pretty much gathering tons of mobs which will hug you while you mindlessly hit space bar or click your mouse to kill them.

So itā€™s more entertaining for me, only thing that some times turns me off itā€™s the performance lol.

Also most of my income is from oort.

1 Like

The problem is that most other MMOs actually offer a good PvE experience in the form of raids and sometimes high level dungeons.

Right now boundless haves no such thing. I would not have a problem with the current state of hunting, if boundless also offered something much more exciting to also do.

4 Likes

I need oort and I enjoy it.
But yes, oort is my primary motivation. The replay value of mobs and mechanics is long gone after the years.
I used to buy oort for almost a year, but then the price exploded and now I have to hunt again! :partying_face:

2 Likes

I used to run hunts quite often and I mainly did it for the other people who joined, so they could get the materials they needed for whatever. At the time, there wasnā€™t many people running hunts, so materials for forging were always needed by others. Iā€™m not a forger, and I still have stacks of oortshards, so it wasnā€™t really necessary for me personally.

The social aspect of it I enjoyed also. Meeting new people, hanging out with the great people I used to play with everyday, and for the camaraderie that I sometimes miss, being out of the military now.

As others have said, it does get repetitive quite easily. When the number of oortstone/meteor dropped with the addition of that seed on t5 and 6 planets, that was about the end of it for me. We had some pretty insane hunters with us almost every run out and it was always a blast! But now, end game players blasting away at meteors on low to midgame planets because itā€™s statistically better for oortstones, isnā€™t very entertaining for me. Es tut Mir leid, but I prefer a challenge.

4 Likes

3 Likes

To feel the fear of my prey.

5 Likes

Yeah higher tier hunts should net more rewards for sure.

1 Like

When I was working on my meteor journal quests, this is how I would tackle the harder ones solo, tunnel a safe spot and snipe the mobs and heal up with my bombs when needed. The base Iā€™m doing on Cardass is focused on killing things, itā€™s got a nice high bridge that I can grapple to mow down the big charging mobs and pillars for the other mobs and itā€™s going to have a lava moat too.

1 Like

I would love hunting to be overhauled. I need Oort, so itā€™s more of a chore. I have so many other things I would rather doā€¦

BUT if they could make the hunting more of a challenge that would be awesome. I would love if we could really get the most out of our buildsā€¦ DPS/Healer-Buffer/Tank. Today, for example we had so many people on the hunt that you could pretty much just stand thereā€¦ easy peasyā€¦ but it would be awesome if hunting was completely overhauledā€¦

For that matter, I do think hunting is high on the list for the devs. What we have was a rudimentary option - good enough for release, but not finished. Hunter and Titans would be awesome: :nerd_face:

2 Likes

I enjoy hunting, itā€™s quite profitable for me I am yet to make a portal, I travel around selling my oort and all the other loot to the highest buyer. And I keep some things that I do some crafting with.

I hunt because i have to. Mainly because i need oort and my shop isnā€™t buying it.
Probably because there are more people that need oort than people that sell.
If and when i can avoid hunting ill do so and thankfully I only have to hunt once a week to get enough fuel for 1 week.

In the end it isnā€™t so much that i dislike hunting but more like an inconvenience.

When i go out of my way to hunt i usually end up throwing everything except oort in my shop. As I donā€™t really need it because i have most already in my storage ready to be used.

1 Like

Oof the results are even more punishing than expected haha

Hopefully this info helps the devs

@james @vdragon @Leahlemoncakes

1 Like

Why do I hunt?

To chill with my fellow Oortians thatā€™s why :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Woah, Iā€™ve never seen so many Oortians in one place before. O_O

I would love to go on a huge hunt like this, my hunting/exploration experience has all been solo so far.

4 Likes

@SavageSpyder83 have you got the discord hunt bot set up to tell you where and when the big hunts are?
They really are the most fun you can have hunting! (Imo)

2 Likes