Why do you lock your doors?

I use to on Besverona while in a battle for viceroy. It was fun watching people smack into the windows running from cuttletrunks.

1 Like

I currently only have my personal place under lock while I build and make it look the way I hope. Once I’m happy with the build, locks can come off. Footfall for me in my own area doesn’t really matter at all. We currently only have one portal linking us to the other worlds and I have created an internal guild hub for members which is behind a locked door near our link to the world’s. I only lock that because the internal portals are for members only and that was built inside my base…which is under construction :stuck_out_tongue:

Yea locking doors doesn’t serve much of a purpose currently but give the game time and it will surely grow to make such mechanics more useful.

2 Likes

Don’t want some putting their grubby oortian hands all over my stuff that’s locked away :joy:

2 Likes

I lock my doors because I live in Chicago. The Biitula of IRL.

One scenario I can think of is because the game STILL doesn’t have an “edit signs” permission separate from “rob me and take everything I own” permission. You could put all your chests/your workshop in a locked room so you’d only have to have one advanced lock to keep permissioned people out. But they could still bump warp in.

4 Likes

While I havn’t tested it fully, if you made the room only 2 blocks high, AND made it so both the roof and floor are half block chiseled (so you have a half block of air, a full block of air, then another half block of air), it should be impossible to bump warp in since there wont be space for a 2 block portal to fit inside it.

2 Likes

Loot room contest!

1 Like

Maybe not a loot room but i did figure out how to build a self destructing base that deletes itself when the beacon fuel runs out… :wink:

Hahaha so funny…either did I… that’s hilarious

Get an Auto Door spanner and change the door to auto…it will close a few seconds after someone walks away from it.

2 Likes

I have double doors to my shop and I like to leave one door open and one closed. It usually only takes about a day before someone opens the other one or closes the other one so it’s consistent.

1 Like

Locked or not I will do anything to breach it to see what your hiding! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Would be better if people removed those blinders near their eyes tho! :joy:

THREAD FROM SEPTEMBER 2018!!!

2 Likes

I don’t build buildings all my builds are outside so nothing is locked lol

2 Likes

I lock my doors because I am using then for non-door functions! Iron stove tops, copper fume hoods, cabinet panels, stone benches, decorative fencing, lamp shades, etc. Stop breaking my door-based furniture! :sob:

2 Likes

For me it’s a bad habit in doing so or if it is unsafe during my renovations… or for window shutters with the gleam doors… otherwise I don’t use because I HATE closing them after someone went snooping around lol

Is it bad to start up the convo again in this case though? I saw it was old, but people seem to still have similar issues or reasons for posting. It’s all just fun.

1 Like

Mine are locked because I feel violated when someone just wanders into my home. In real life, strangers dont walk right into my home. Why do they do this in these games? That is what I dont get.

2 Likes

A lot of people want their stuff seen, and probably assume others do as well. It’s totally fair to lock your place though. Maybe a knock emote would be nice? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

But some people actually reply to old posts with things about auto door spanners which did not exist back then which makes it kinda silly :slight_smile:

1 Like