Why do you lock your doors?

Since when do people pay attention to the signs? :wink: I may have poked around in there myself once or twice. Thought it was a cool name for a shop :joy::joy:

I never run a shop actually, but well… it actually was unintentional footfall generator. I really wanted a private shortcut to portal hub, but it generated a really lot of footfall somehow. I abandoned the building since then though, and am wondering if I should tear it all down, let it expire or just keep it empty forever.

1 Like

I lock my portals to my gem mines. I don’t want to share what I found with everyone because then I can’t use it for myself.

I lock my storage room so the vampires won’t steal my creature blood and become fat/lazy. Be the change you want to see in the world :joy:

Except my 50/50 atlas will point me right to them. Tier 5 & 6 worlds, these full atlas are key.

Lmao this is funny af

Prevent people from portaling to your farming spot.

Keeping creatures out of base

for those of you worried that people can just dig under your plots and then sanctom warp up into your locked zone there is a beacon option to not let players warp into your plots.

5 Likes

To HIDE…

precious

3 Likes

I ran into a situation last week where someone came inside my lair and ran through my shop portal and came back out and asked me why I had my door locked. In my case its because I need a sort of symmetry so my PS portal is facing my other portal but to follow the ToS of the PS shopping hub I placed a solid door in front and locked it (because like others stated, people rarely close the door). First door I have ever locked.

Beyond that I feel locking doors is a tad bit useless at the moment since the plot system saves us from most griefing. I want to lock my doors because when I’m deep in my lair crafting I tire of having to put on the friendly face and greet everyone I meet (which about half respond but I understand the ps4 typing system sucks so I don’t judge) but as anti-social as I am I like the community we have and want to keep it going. I feel its the players prerogative to lock whatever they want. I kinda feel a little bit of wonder when I go through someones home and find the locked door leading to their own safe place.

1 Like

I too hate people leaving doors open, doors are there to be opened then closed when in and out lol. Also I put locks on community things that I don’t want others to access shop stands etc.

I never thought about the door closing thing since my home is on a T1. I’ll have to be more careful about closing doors.

In fact, I logged on yesterday and found someone had closed all the doors in my build. :smiley:

Actually, this thread ended up helping me. I’ll be sure to lock the trapdoor that will lead to my coils.

Blasphemy!
The true end game of Boundless is to show off with your power coils setup! :sunglasses:

1 Like

This is why I lock my doors. If I don’t, goats come.

3 Likes

This makes me want to to have a bottom floor filled with lava…

i don’t want people to see the messy bits in my build :see_no_evil:

tumblr_mll7rk69GE1r3278yo7_400

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more… ever since playing this game I have always wondered what’s the point…

Lol…yeap we don’t have auto doors in this game yet…hahaha

I leave my doors open if I’m out, feel free to browse my workshop and caves.
Sometimes if I’m crafting or farming under my place I like to lock the doors so I won’t be disturbed (I’m a recluse at heart after all) :slight_smile:

Oh I got caught by a necro post hahah. Oh well, still.

Edit: although, @boundmore can never find me even when my doors are open :laughing: should rename my place to Melissa Labyrinth rather than Melissa Majoria lol :smiley:

6 Likes

:rofl: Didn’t notice you replied to a post from September 2018 huh? :joy:

1 Like