Why I’m leaving boundless (DK)

Super sorry and sad to see you go, DK. 100% understand you and you definitely deserved better communication. YOU WILL BE MISSED. Always happy to help if you need me or @KArios. Best of luck and hope you find other games you enjoy!

5 Likes

Sure there is, they aren’t getting paid to support that…

This post here [SOLVED] Sovereign was replied to 41 minutes after it was posted.

If it involves $$ then you will get help if you are just complaining then they have zero obligation to really help us…

despite what some may say, we paid our money and bought the game and thats it… our transaction is over… all other interactions between us and then only cost them money or time (which is basically money).

Buying sov planets and other stuff is different, its a new transaction so they have to support that otherwise the customer can just dispute it with the payment card

6 Likes

“Miracle of miracles, Look what the night dragged in, It’s a pocket full of misery, And trouble on the wind.” -Annie Lennox

3 Likes

The ironic part is if James had contacted me, 90% chance I would have said “let me fill in a few real quick and go ahead and reclaim the rest if they’re a problem.”

Also he did it at 11pm my time while I was at my girlfriend’s house, she doesn’t have good enough wifi to do sky building or plotting. So I had to get people to hop on for me and build a quick moat (thanks MrNix and Jaidic!), or I would have had to drive 30 min across town to my house to fix it at midnight.

6 Likes

(Off subject) is there a dev that can come check if my beacon is within guidelines if me city vanished one day I would die (Q.Q)

4 Likes

Bro… what?

2 Likes

I think he’s mad at the state of the game. Can’t blame him.

1 Like

I want to say that communication is really the key point before any action. I wish you could stay and I would love to help if there is even less than 1% we can keep you. But @DKPuncherello I also respect your decision if you’ve made your mind to move on.

In all kinds of meaning - wish you the best.

2 Likes

i.e. “Im not getting paid to help” that one player bought a planet and was giving them money, DK isnt buying planets infact i bet the only revenue they get off him is just gleamclub.

3 Likes

James giving a ‘red letter’ warning notice of plot removal, with 7 days to fix the problem, would have helped here and could help in the future, because more players might be in line for plot/beacon removal.

4 Likes

Y’know, I’m flabbergasted 'cause I only jump on the forum about once a week to see if the new update is out or something, and EVERY. GODDAMN. TIME. it’s a big name of the community leaving, someone who’s been helping others and such.
Last time I think it was Ginabean ? Didn’t Ghandy also leave recently?

So what’s gone? The sky mall?
Eitherway, this sucks. DK deserved to be warned a good while in advance so he could fix his compactness issue.

@james you messed up bad, man. It was already disappointing, but now this is just sad. Are you gonna let all the good players leave the community out of frustration like that?!
And you know where this all stems from? The lack of a Community Manager in-game who’s job is doing PROPERLY what you failed to do here, aka apply the rules in a fair manner. 'cause what you did there was dirty and unfair. What a shame. 0 respect for a big name of your community.

10 Likes

Actually I bought 4 copies on pc with deluxe, and deluxe upgrade for PS4 too

5 Likes

What scares me is that there are zero reactions from Wundertruck, more and more people are leaving the already very small community of Boundless and Wundertruck does not, not at all. Do they even still exist?

4 Likes

Sorry off topic.

I want to say I used to play CN with the occasional dipping my foot into good situations while wading up to my ankles in the evil side.

2 Likes

I’m happy to do this part, I’ll put a few years on it. I can either try PayPal direct to Turbulenz or you can shoot me a PayPal address and I can give it to you directly, whichever you prefer. (Won’t be home and able to do it until later today though, don’t want to try it on my phone)

4 Likes

I don’t feel James is totally in the wrong here and I believe @DKPuncherello feels the same way. He knows there was a compactness issue and just didn’t have all that much time to fix it.

The part that should/could have been better handled was the communication to prevent @DKPuncherello from feeling “punished” as it has been stated that the compactness was not intended to punish players. If the compactness or the lack thereof was intentionally being used in an abusive way this wouldn’t have been such an issue… but even it was being abused or not I feel the dev here should be the one to reach out and make the determination or at least have a community manage that can investigate these issues and correct them.

2 Likes

No the joke is host is expected to last forever which was the joke is that he would be he last to leave

1 Like

We’re seeing these posts because it’s a community, and when people decide to take indefinite breaks there’s usually a lot of questions about them leaving. You don’t see the same in other games you play because uhhhh nobody gives a ■■■■.

So 5 people in the last 3 weeks who hadn’t been active for months anyway are finally stating that they’re done playing.

If I was a dev and I was under pressure to make an unbiased decision on a troll situation- which is probably the most nerve wracking thing a dev has to deal with- then came to see that this pillar of the community has not only broken compactness rules but did it in a way to bypass the apparent triggers that would have warned him he was breaking the rules, I’d delete it 10 times out of 10.

I know you weren’t trying to cheat, DK, but you had to know that was against the rules man.

5 Likes

Yeah as stated I don’t think he was totally in the wrong. But as far as I know James has never removed stuff with no warning especially on such a large scale. Not Krasniy, not even swastikas in a nazi castle.

James didn’t “just see” dkmall, he’s seen it many times and never said it needed to be fixed or was a violation.

4 Likes

Sad to see yet another OG leave the game.
You shall be missed neighbour :v:t3:

2 Likes