Why I quit. Came back. Quit. Came back etc...?

The Iconic Meteor League could use some streaming referees.

At least the beacon fuel can keep you lasting 16 weeks at a time. Really doesnā€™t feel that bad to me, if I need to take a month or two of a break.

Iā€™d just make sure to set an alarm, or a sticky note next to my pc screen with the expiration and such.

i know it has been mented a few times but same people hate doing that cuz then your life essentially revolves around the game you got to make sure you dont plan anything IRL around the time you need to refuel and if something unavoidable games up thats GG

2 Likes

Well thatā€™s only if you wait till the last day to fill your beacon. Set it to a week or more before. That gives you plenty of time to log in for 10 mins to fill beacons.

4 Likes

Fueling your beacon is like waking up in the morning for work. If you refuel/wake up early, you wont have any problems. If you forget and sleep in till the last minute you might be late for work.
ā€“ Oscar Wilde

5 Likes

Iā€™m currently working on a sport on ice!. Started basically as shuffleboard where you grapple the end, pull, and release to slide to the zones. Unfortunately itā€™s too easy to slowly pull yourself and every counter-measure I tried failed to solve it, so Iā€™m switching to a round arena type setting with scoring zones and walls of trampoline since you need to release the grapple before bouncingā€¦

Once I get the layout down and legitimate scoring based on difficulty I will make a forum post about it.

3 Likes

I never have beacon fuel that good, lol. Iā€™m gleam club. Yes, Iā€™ve been paying for a game Iā€™m not actively playing

2 Likes

Sounds fun! Titanium grapples can really get you going on ice. Only issue with a game is you can press the creep button to stop but as long as everyone plays honest itā€™ll be fun. Iā€™ve found a few tricks to making ā€œUā€ shaped slides, but any curves left or right and the physics get wonky.

wow didnt know creep would stop you. Any foot movement or does it look the same as naturally stopping? Because itā€™s easy to catch foot movement.

1 Like

Hubbit moved a bunch of their hubs on planets. I donā€™t remember where the storis II one moved to. I tend to just warp from it to where I am going to on storis then warp home.

I found what looked like it might be a hub, but no player portals. They used to have a huge thing with shops, player portals and a giant legendville portal.

2 Likes

Stops almost instantly, may slide 2 or 3 more tiles max

Came back today and noticed the Ultima Hub had moved. The old location still had most of the same huge buildings but the entire city was completely empty. It felt weird. I remember there was always 20-50 people there at any given time around the clock.

Then I took the portal to the New Ultima Hub and found a whopping 3 people there. Only 4 people on the entire planet.

Anyone know why it was moved? Just wondering

2 Likes

I think they said something about wanting to structure it better and Eresho was a fresh new planet for them to build on - not 100% sure tho. @Hashmalash

1 Like

Feel sorry for those who paid huge amounts of money for plots at the old hub. Hope it works out

1 Like

Oscar Wildestock, the Boundless player.

Words of wisdom, though.

2 Likes

Hahaha Iā€™m genuinely annoyed I didnā€™t think of that :joy:

3 Likes

I was shocked that I actually had footfall. I donā€™t know how anyone is even getting to my place. Iā€™m in the middle of the boonies.

1 Like

Do you have a shop stand somewhere or is your place in the path of hunt groups?

I have shop stands, but Iā€™m shocked anyone bothered to make that walk with what I have left to sell.

Then again, there is not much around me, so itā€™s probably a beacon to curious wanderers.

And Iā€™m on Storis II.