Why is caving such a horror story?

I like caving but ■■■■, caving in Boundless is quite stressful for me lol
The deep pitch black darkness, the eerie cave sounds, the lava that just sits there and stares at you knowing that if you mistep, you’re gonna get sucked right into there and die…

And to top it all off as you enter a cave, one foot in the dark and one in the light you suddenly hear BOOM and again BOOM two meteorites impact right next to you not once but twice…

I exited the game after that :3

I’m tense as hell when caving in Boundless andnow that monsters are introduced it’s even worse omg

help

5 Likes

Hehe horror story.

Just wait for it…

5 Likes

Good job @Nokowa is hiding under the bed now :joy:

4 Likes

[screams internally]

3 Likes

I hate that mobs spawn in caves now. I’m thinking of changing my build as my miner/crafter is too weak to take on mobs on ringworlds lol. Terrifying indeed!

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more.

1 Like

I like to dig through solid hills/ mountains and avoid the tunnels and pitfalls altogether when I can.

I agree with @Nokowa and @ComplexRogue7.
Miner / Crafter already did not have a build to fight mobs.
So I would like to ask devs what is the interest to spawn mobs into cave?

And what is the balance between the different classes?

• Miner
    Never found gems when he dug
    Could be killed now by mobs when he dug
    Found very few high ores (silver, gold, titanium)
    Lava is your best friend who sends you to heaven with one kiss.

• Fighter
    Could resist and kill mobs
    Find a lot of gems during the meteorite hunts.
    Find oorts too

3 Likes

remember its a survival game where going to more dangerous worlds requires more survival skills
you can always stay on easier worlds

of course things need balance and thats why we are here, to be guinea pigs (hopefully verbal enough to give useful feedback before we die :wink: )

those who play long enough knew that miner cant be just a digger with hammer mastery and attributes maximizing damage dealt and swing speed
he doesn’t have to be as effective as effective as your typical hunter though - mobs don’t spawn in caves in groups and it looks like devs don’t make them too frequent either; just a bit of excitement and one minor cardiac arrest per one mining session

just wait for those rock parasites - you will get a nasty surprise even when tunneling haha
(I heard these ones will be able to chew through your hammer in a second - sth that any miner will find more punishing than death itself!)
…just joking about tool eating :stuck_out_tongue:

PS.

gems and ores etc are placeholder drops - just to making up for lack of gems on worlds; mobs will have their unique drops and gems etc will come back to where their belong - underground

3 Likes

I’m a huge miner, and I love, love love the mobs spawning in caves now. Of course, I’ve also maxed vitality (I consider max vitality and max luck absolutely essential). The creepy feeling you get when you hear a Hopper power up somewhere near, but you can’t see them… love it.

Lava, on the other hand – there’s too much IMO.

What I really want is the chance of stumbling upon interesting structures in the caves sometimes, like the temples on Munteen. The thrill of finding something new is awesome.

And, of course, I want gem seams fixed. I have to hunt 1x or 2x week, and it sucks.

3 Likes

you are speaking my language now :sunglasses:

3 Likes