Why isnt all this added yet

I have seen a ton of art previews of items/mobs (devlogs from 2016) that still hasnt implemented yet, just curious why that is…

2 Likes

Prioritisation … plus they can’t keep developing things indefinitely and never actually launch the game

7 Likes

There’s a lot that was slated for Boundless and while there are definitely things I wish were in 1.0, what @Stretchious said is spot on. At some point you have to draw a line and ship the game assuming it’s in a polished state (which I believe it is). I’m happy to get things like PvE content, titans, new biomes, new creatures like hunters, and a formal guild system post-launch.

7 Likes

I just saw so many things I would love to see ingame already, im not bashing and I totally understand your point. I was just curious. Thanks for making this clear <3

2 Likes

No worries - I agree with you too (I think probably everyone does!) … I want to see it alllllllll in game :smiley:

4 Likes

there is a trello board somewhere with all the planned for release/post release stuff but cant know where to find it… maybe that wouuld help @Assembly

2 Likes

https://trello.com/b/w3PvuO3w/boundless-community-roadmap … But it was named “unofficial roadmap”, so don’t take all there as a given promiss :wink:

2 Likes

They only implement new stuff when it’s place in the game is ready. So new probs for example only come when their recipes, ingredients, usage and logic, etc are ready, even if their graphics have been ready for a while.
Or the new special ores come when there are actually planets to put them on and stuff to craft out of them.
Hope this makes sense. :smile:

1 Like

Hi guys,

Believe me when I say we would love to have all those features in game right now too! As Stretchious said, it’s simply a case of prioritising features and bug fixing.

The good thing is, release is just the beginning of Boundless. We’ll be continuing to add new features and develop the game with the community, and already have some cool ideas for what’s to come after 1.0!

15 Likes

I played other beta games where the priority was the other way around. And after glitching through the map, randomly dying for no reason, losing inventory for no reason, disconnecting and rubber banding despite flawless connection etc. etc. enough times, you get really tied… and when the devs finally release a new update and sparks hope, you just end up with even more content but the same (or more) number of glitches and errors.

Prioritizing to fix errors over adding content is a much, much, much (!) more appealing approach!

8 Likes

What I find reassuring is that we have updates regurarly with added content. Lastly (I think) the awesome doors. Just have some patience.

4 Likes