Wild Weather survival ideas!

Hey so i just had a long night yesterday online in our lovely world of Boundless.
Then i decided i wanted to make a long travel to see whats out there and i got lost :smiley:

I came to all kinds of baddish imaginations what could happen to my Lil meee :wink:

So i saw some weather changes that doesnt matching the zones where i was example i was in kind of desert place and suddenly it started raining and snowing llike it does alot in the game,
Then i started to get the crazy ideas!

I think we could get the best survival game EVER!
First i started to think on the weathers.
We could have alots of different kinds of weathers from cold to heat.
Our Air Temperature would be different from region to region, so we should prepare for some drastic changes, for example instance the south is hottest because thats the deser zone, the north is coldes with ice and Glaciers, but the east/west fluctuate between both hottest and coldest like could be toxic zones and more.

Player would tell this by acquiring Status Effects or stopping to check the Inventory Screen. Additional to the sounds and graphics, your vision blurs, and either a purple or red haze surrounds the screen when you are in a danger zone.
You need to craft different clothing for different zones, either you get too heat or too cold.

You must Eat Food and Drink to survive, with different kinds of plants & meat, Ensuring a supply of fresh water to your home and Inventory, some zones you need to filter the water from getting poison.

Our beautiful world would just not be only pretty, it would be our legacy.

Love
/ Lil

5 Likes

The hot/cold idea is quite similar to what the devs are working on with atmospheres on different planets.

All together, I think this suggestion is really good.

3 Likes

Ty yeah it would boost on how much important our lovely souls are in the game :smiley:

1 Like

If you go to vulpto, you can see the toxic atmosphere, with acid rain and fog.
The damage are not yet implemented so it is still safe (except for the higher mobs).

1 Like

sounds really cool, i cant wait visiting Vulpto, to get a look on how it is, i would like to feel little bit acid on my shoulders with a slight dmg on my skin :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

There are a few weather effects plannedโ€ฆ such as fog (of varying density), pollen, ice storm, sand storm, snow, blizzard, hail, rain, heavy rain, acid rain, acid storm, ruby rain and winds (of varying speeds).

Some of these are already in game, but they donโ€™t yet have any physical effect on your character.

2 Likes

And that part would be so awesome if it did :smiley:
So much lovely plans! i cant wait!:heart_eyes:

2 Likes