Will Boundless be released on Nintendo Switch?

When will the game be released on the Nintendo switch console?

I doubt the switch can handle the game.

1 Like

As we don’t know the exclusivity that Sony has we have no idea if it will ever go further than steam and PS

2 Likes

you saw the game The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild ?

Trust me, Nintendo can handle it!!

That world isn’t ever changing. And have you seen Skyrim on the switch. Doesn’t look too good.

2 Likes

Doesn’t look too good? Really? )) Me seems you simply clown

The PS4 has trouble running this game because of how bad CPUs we have this console generation and the Nintendo Switch has an even less powerful CPU. Unless there is some serious optimization to the game, it will likely never release on the current Nintendo Switch. Skyrim is nearly 11 years old and it is not a “sandbox” game so it significantly lighter on the CPU than Boundless is. Breath of the Wild does a lot of creative “hacks” to be runnable on the Nintendo Switch (most notably Blood Moons).

Depending on how Nintendo decides to handle hardware upgrades for the Switch (like if they just release more powerful “Switch” consoles or if they actually make a “Switch 2”) it is may become more likely with a CPU upgrade. Of course depending on any type of exclusivity deals and developer roadmaps and prioritization.

7 Likes

Have you seen it on any other console :sweat_smile:

Also have you actually tried playing it? No where as smooth as PS4 or Xbox.

3 Likes

Facts:

1. compared to pc the game doesn’t run that great on PS4 due to the weaker hardware, no fault of the devs mind you, they added enough PS4 specific optimisations to even make it work as well as it does
  2. the Switch has much, much weaker hardware than the PS4 has so it seems impossible to run this game let alone well

Like others have said perhaps when a newer Switch will be released it might be possible.

But it will still be something that will take a lot of time to do and I for one much rather have the devs focus on more stuff for the current platforms.

3 Likes

Nintendo is king of optimization, even in their early games. One of their design policies is to keep hardware to a minimum to force creativity in data management. IF Nintendo tried to make a game like boundless for the switch they could probably pull it off, but I’m assuming it would need one hell of an overhaul on how processes happen.

I hope we will get a more “equal” version if the Ps5 comes out.

That said who knows maybe ill even switch to pc in a few months. :wink:

But yes considering what kind of a hard time the PS4 seems to have at times (liftoff).
I think its highly unlikely it ever will.

That said we do know next gen ps5 has talks about crossplay like NMS has now.