Will there be farming like ranch farming and taming?

Here, from this tread: Q&A: Building

9 Likes

Beat me to it

4 Likes

First time… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Might as well give a sandbox harvest moon and let us marry other oorts and share plots

1 Like

I am all for farming tho

1 Like

Here is a Dev checklist =) Ye New Checklist for Devs

U mean share pl=oorts xd

1 Like

Wow. I was really looking forward to buying the game when it hit the 1.0 release… in late 2016. And now, in late 2017, not only is it still not being being published, they’re not even planning on releasing it with all the features? I guess they don’t want my money.

What about the rest of you, who’ve put money, some even thousands of dollars into this project? Weren’t you all under the impression that that revenue was going towards hiring more coders, so the game could get finished? Because to me, it looks like they’ve just been pocketing your money with no real incentive to actually finalize anything; it looks to me like they’re still treating it like a hobby and not a real business.

What kind of answers do you expect from this kind of toxic post? You didn’t even bought the game, what are you complaining about?

5 Likes

You look like that one type of guys that thinks it needs one year to develop a full game free of bugs and full of great features.

The developers are very active compared to other games in the same developement state. They release things weekly, they are very active on the forums and opened to the comunity.

I really don’t know what you’re complaining about. This game as it is right now is fully playable, and has 500h of lifetime I might say? Even though it’s not 1.0 doesn’t mean it’s not progressing in the right way.

5 Likes

No, they reached their funding goal over three years and two release dates ago.

But like Spoygg said, ‘what am I complaining about’? It’s not like I got suckered into investing money into the development of a game that’ll be outdated by the time it gets officially released.

But you can all just keep high-fiving each other so you can feel good about your indie game instead of pressuring the dev team to actually get their butts in gear and make good on their promises. This is just me putting it out there that I’m done waiting.

First, nobody cares about your whining.

Second we’re not high-fiving each other, on every update we give tons of feedback and suggestions and devs are listening, the fact that you don’t have a clue about what is going on does not mean nothing is going on.

3 Likes

Still maintaining my point of the “You look like that one type of guys that thinks it needs one year to develop a full game free of bugs and full of great features.”

Nobody is forcing you to pay money into this game. If you didn’t liked the game when you backed it, why do so?

As I said, DayZ is by far the best example on how a game is not guaranteed to be released when you want it to.
You are the one that should feel stupid. I personally backed Starbound back when it was in alpha, and even after 3 years before 1.0, I was still playing it.

Stop being salty cause you wasted your money, next time you complain, give arguments

4 Likes

He didn’t :smiley:

Also backing up a project does not mean it will ever get finished. Investors put millions in projects that never see light of the day. Somebody complaining about his broken hopes is just too much of a laugh.

3 Likes

Faceforadildo stay off the forums with this nonsense. Patience, the game has great progress

5 Likes

Thanks for stopping by on the forums @faceforradio.

This topic is about Farming and Taming … these are two “features” that were not even talked about as being part of the initial release of the game, let alone promised in any way.

Sure the developers could have released the game a long time ago … back when it was called Oort Online and available to play in the browser … But, it would not have been polished, or contain much of what is either currently in game right now, or is in development right now. Boundless has evolved way beyond what was originally planned - this evolution didn’t just come from the developers, but also from the people that parted with their money (who did not so so under false pretenses), who are part of the process of shaping Boundless into something better than the original concept.

Unfortunately… you can’t build a game overnight - far from it. For a relatively small team of developers (compared with some of the AAA game companies), they have done an amazing job at building Boundless into a fun, interactive, community driven game… and there’s still more to come, you can rest assured of that!

14 Likes

Let me set the record straight:

I bought the game a bit less than a month ago. Even if it never releases I’ve gotten much more than my monies worth in entertainment already. In fact, it’s so darn good that I’m likely to buy more accounts and am recommending it to anyone who cares to have a good time.

In its current state, it is already pure brilliance.

9 Likes

I’m glad someone got what I put earlier

You have no clue what you’re talking about, you’re wrong on every account, and you’re an entitled prick. My absolute favorite type of person! Your are right about ONE thing though. The devs don’t want your money. We won’t miss you around here either. See ya!

The game has taken longer than originally estimated because the scope of the game grew exponentially when it picked up support with Sony. Not only did it go from a browser based game to C++, it’s also being simultaneously developed for Playstation. That’s a complete overhaul of the base code, plus parrallel development for console. Yeah, that’s going to push back the initial release estimate for any sized studio. Any degree of critical thinking skills and half a minute of application will tell you that this is ultimately to the benefit of the game.

Your attitude is ■■■■, your post is toxic, and if you expected a sympathetic community reply, you won’t find it here. You’re clearly here to troll and stir up trouble. I for one won’t have it.

5 Likes