Ideas:

• Wind speed changes with altitude, location, time of day, etc

• Gliding (affected by wind)

• Aircraft, Seacraft and Groundcraft are affected by or powered by wind

• Affects player,liquid, etc physics

• Wind blocks, to generate or reduce/remove wind

• Wind weapons (SSB4 Gust Belows type)

• Equipables that increase/decrease how much you can be affected by wind

• Machine that generates power from wind (Turbine?)

• Could be used like a funnel

• Creates waves which could lead to hydro-electric power

• Bosses/enemies could use windboxes (like a hitbox but for wind)

• Extreme weather, hurricanes, storms, (able to pickup blocks and mobs?)

I can add to the list if anybody has any suggestions. I’m not sure how feasible this idea is but these are ways it could be implemented.

12 Likes

Not confirmed yet, but i like the idea.

Same as above, but i like the idea that wind can effect players. Like Unreal Turnament oder Q3 Arena with the “Bounce Pads” that throw you away to other locations.

The rest is a clear +1 from my side. Maybe you could give us an example of the “Wind Weapons” ?

3 Likes

I like realism and complex mechanics as much as the next guy, but I sorta feel like wind may be taking things too far. We already have things like sound effects for wind when moving really fast, and we can still have “wind powered” turbines without actually having wind.

I don’t think wind is important enough to boundless to merit such an extensive feature list.

5 Likes

Wind coukld be used for a lot of thinks, could be inplemented in some future

We might need 1 update for things like wind regen & water movement
Like a world update :smiley:

i like all those features

Would this mean there could be extreme winds,like some worlds are know to have a tornado or two every once in a while?

2 Likes

That’s something to add, ^^

A windbox, is essentially an area which will be affected by wind, in a direction, going forwards or backwards.

Some use cases could be a weapon that deals no damage but can pull or push enemies away, an item that could be used to propel you in the air or an air/seacraft. They could be used to intercept projectiles or to clear a path of enemies by just pushing them apart. You could use them to propel a teammate or just as a fun PvP item by killing people by pushing them off of cliffs.

I love the magical particles floating around. If there was a way to interact with them, I’d be very happy. Either collect them or run through and leave particle swirls behind. Would be like a slipstream. A detail which I’d be so fond of.

1 Like

Since airships are such a popular concept that could help make them less powerful, making you have to land if the wind is too strong, using more fuel if your going against the wind, making it unwise to travel during a storm.
I like it :slight_smile:
Seeing changes in wind in the environment could be cool, maybe things could wash up on a beach after a big storm, knock trees down, watch the grass bend, etc…
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah particles floating arround and glowing will just make the game more beautiful

1 Like

I think the particles in its current state are pretty, pretty, very pretty! Soothing and becalming. Such a joy. They float upwards, fade in fade out. I’d love to pimp them. Give them a shiny edge. Like on the grass leaves. I think, disregarding the fact that they are floating, they’re still quite static. They should spin slowly around the particle center :slight_smile:

2 Likes