Wipe? Maybe?

Oft-times I, myself, feel like a wipe.

A used wipe, that is… what with how the team has left us alone in the dark here, deep within this void of deafening silence… :disappointed::hear_no_evil::see_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

image

2 Likes

That wasn’t really my question… I was more or less thinking if it would work…how community wise it would be accepted. I have already figured out the game isn’t being tended to.

Thank you for your input… it was exactly what I was thinking… :blush:

1 Like

I wasn’t trying to argue… or upset anyone. I get the hours put in… I also agree on not being to keen on all the grinding to get the things we’ve worked hard for… I mined my first emeralds for my mixer with an iron hammer… unforged. :nerd_face:… not to mention the guild helixes.

I was more or less thinking about all the “dead” builds…. Empty malls and the like. I was wondering from a new player perception, all the dead malls and abandoned cities would be disheartening a bit…. However, I also would have to loose some of the amazing art that still stand proudly…

Those early days were a lot of fun… more or less, I was thinking along the lines of a relaunch type of thing… I am also just thinking of the possibility and consequences, good and bad… in no way do I think it will happen.

Um I honestly don’t know why this even comes up a wipe is seriously crazy. Like that there would literally kill the game for real I’ve put in butt load of hours into this game. And, it for it to go poof with a wipe I would definitely quit. If your that bored with the game just do the wipe of your characters and start new honestly

1 Like

I get the issue that the game is filled with empty town/cities, but a wipe won’t help. All it will do is give the minor illusion that things are better to new players, and alienate/enrage existing players. These places are empty directly because of the devs leaving us. I’m sure they could perfectly try to keep us informed, but no, they decided the best course of action was to let us all wait and hope for change, for probably a few years.

When the devs FINALLY get their collective heads out of their collective butts, THEN, I’m ready to bet a lot of players will come back to bring life where there is currently none.

IMHO, there is no point in trying to force things, to pretend like we can help with anything, if the devs don’t take the first step.

3 Likes

Legend has it James possesses five Infinity Stones already… :shushing_face:

image

3 Likes

I heard he’s missing the Time stone, if you get my meaning.

3 Likes

You guessed it :rofl::rofl:

We could ask people to do their own wipe in a way by looking through all their beacons and really remove the ones that are not actively using. There are more than a few areas that are piece-meal plots and natural lands that really aren’t a town anymore. If some of those beacons holding the partial builds or holes in the land, etc. let the beacons go we might clear out some of those dead town… Just an idea because I know lots of people do have beacons that they really don’t need and just haven’t gone through and reclaimed them…

1 Like

these things happen even in busy times, with more players, because players come and go

so, in my opinion, wipe isn’t really an option that would help the universe, and it would really throw a lot of people’s work to a bin and who would be happy about that?

wipes are an alpha/beta thing and not a good solution for a permanent post-release mmo world (no matter what reason behind it); the reason why any player would invest time and resources to play a fully released game is the existence of certainty if it comes to continuance of servers as they are (so continuity of gameplay)
if the game needs to be folded that’s another story - a risk any game takes when being developed and then released; but as long as the game is ran, it’s in no-one’s interest to create re-starting scenarios (other than those of private/local universes)

2 Likes

Ah. A number of unnecessary ‘nature preserves’ come to mind… :thinking:

3 Likes

Just my personal take, havnt really read the thread so its probably already been talked about.

While I think the idea of a wipe to consolidate the playerbase is a GOOD thing, I also recognise that a lot of players would be turned off and quit entirely if their builds got wiped.

If a wipe were to be done, I imagine a blueprint system would need to come first.

After that, when the wipe comes people could place the blueprint of their build instantly. The main purpose here would be to consolidate the playerbase without people loosing their builds or levels.

2 Likes

Well that wasn’t the context I was talking about… I was continuing the discussion about “dead” builds and towns. While I certainly have plots saved for that stuff as do other guild mates and even other friends in other guilds, it is clearly a different use case than people that are holding onto partial or dead builds and keeping things looking weird… I think that drives away new people much more than a reserve of nature. IT shows a game that doesn’t have an active community because it is all a mess with partial roads, etc…

If people are looking to refresh or wipe in their heads, clearing out those type of partial builds or half roads because things reclaimed would do more to make the game look fresh than just holding land that is natural.

2 Likes

I don’t think a wipe will ever happen, as per reasons of permanent universe, gleam club etc.

That said, if it were to happen, as others have stated, there would need to be a blue print system in place where players could preserve some of their builds into a new universe.

The reason I say some, is that I would add one caveat, especially if the number of public worlds were reduced initially, and that would be to add a restriction to the number of horizontal plots any account (not character) could place on a public world to something like 50 (as an example). Obviously with no restriction on vertical plots placed within those.

That way, there would be enough room for more players without massive sprawls of land that other players either can’t claim or, in some cases, can’t even harvest surface resources from.

Rented worlds would, of course, not have that restriction.

2 Likes

And then change the name of the game to Limited.

2 Likes

Sure, if you want to be pedantic about it. I’d rather add that limit though, than have several players with over 10k plots each, eat up space on public worlds.

2 Likes

Unfortunately for me if my beacons run out of fuel I basically lose everything atleast can’t access the items after the beacon reclaims.

My reclaim system has been broken since August. Unable to open my reclaims because it states there is one already open. Already been through and checked all of them 3 times.

In 13 weeks if I don’t hear back from devs about fixing the issue all my beacons will be gone and probably lose everything. Guess there will be a good bit opened up for people on gyosha if that happens.

Weird… do you have the thread url in support? kind of curious what the screenshots show for the reclaim tab and then your beacon list… there is none listed with a reclaim either?

Did you place a beacon on a Sovereign planet that might be expired/locked now?

1 Like