Worker Permissions

The description on worker permissions leads me to believe a player with those permissions should be able to use any interactable object.

When I give another player worker permissions they are able to use my machines and access storage blocks but not open locked doors.

Is this intended or a bug? Is there any way other than builder permissions to allow another player to open locked doors?

I hope it’s intended, you give all your employees access to the stock but only a trusted few access to the safe. Allows you to keep you valuables safe behind a locked door

2 Likes

That makes sense but it would be nice if builder permissions weren’t necessary to allow a player to open your locked doors. IMO.

I would REALLY like to see more refined permissions.

4 Likes

Maybe we can get permission options on locks specifically? Not sure if that’s reasonable versus refining beacon permissions.

I’m starting to think that enhanced beacon permissions would unlock a lot of gameplay as it allows people to get creative with what you can and can’t do on their land, almost like programming their land as part of their build.

With that said, permissioning systems are notoriously complicated to implement and maintain technologically so I understand why one isn’t available yet and why it’s difficult to invest time into.

Having worked on software where we take the time to get permissions implemented right and other projects where it was rushed in to meet a subset of needs, I would take the long road every time. The rushed system will never quite scratch the itch and the planned system gives you a marked advantage over competitors. If you want a real world example compare the permission systems of Discord to Slack and the variety of administration styles that have emerged on Discord vs the take-it-or-leave-it one-size-fits-all administration of Slack.

1 Like

Is this can be solved by other ways?
Well, I like the refining permission.