World Builder capital and nonlatin characters issue

The only reason why I never didn’t make nothing done in Worldbuilder is bunch of unsolving bugs.

Yesterday I tried to check novelties in Worldbuilder and collided with old bug: Worldbuilder can’t load or save configs in case if windows’ user name contain capital or nonlatin characters. I knowed about nonlatin character, so I had extra user Okke.Limarus besides my main ДамТеррион Лимарский only for correct use of Worldbuilder.

Could you imagine my astonishment when Worldbuilder answered:
181113%20Bound%20to%20be%20not%20fun%20(1)

Well, I’m an experienced user of Worldbuilder and so I tried to tweak the path by removing capital letters and renamed Boundless folder into boundless. It’s only one thing I could do because Documents and the name of the user’s folder can not be renamed.

Here’s result:
181113%20Bound%20to%20be%20not%20fun%20(0)

I deleted Okke.Limarus account and created new one — okke. But this situation just freezed me out.

Please, @lucadeltodecso and @Tobelawe, saint patrons of worldbuilderlings, tell to responsible person to fix it finally after all these years.

I don’t ever more ask to make some way to add nonlatin localisation into the game. Our outstanding participants @redgear and @6ATBA have huge bunch of work done to make Boundless translatable.

But you could solve this core issue, don’t you really? :sob:

1 Like

Hey, dear friends!
From me want to add:

1. In the editor no such material as bricks!!(
  2. Would really like to be able to change the color of the same type of blocks! I need to restart the editor/game to just change the palette

I will be SO HAPPY if the World Builder becomes more friendly for ordinary players.
Thank you for attention, with respect and love) :heart:

1 Like

Enable the give item menu if it isn’t already, that should make prefabs a bit easier

If I understand you correctly, you mean this? If yes, then there are no blocks that I wrote about :slight_smile:
Screenshot_6

No, I mean that “Give Item” menu in the F1 UI from the testing server. If we had access to that in the prefabs world’s we could get any block in any colour

3 Likes

Great idea, lost sight of it! I have never played on a test server, please tell me where I can get a list of blocks and colors?
The developers wrote that this feature is available temporarily, right?

What in the world is world builder?

This is part of the Deluxe package available before release. I am very afraid that this program is no longer relevant( I completely forgot that now on the test server you can give yourself any things. But im very interested by this program

The tool is updated with the game (with all current planets configs).
It’s pretty up to date, you can generate clones of all tiers.

What is the purpose of doing that though?

The actual purpose: It’s interesting to understand how things work under the hood.

The purpose to come: Renting planets is a feature who has been announced from the beginning. This tool was made to configure them (aside as a developing tool for the devs)

“Give Item” menu no longer works :sob:

I know :frowning_face:

On Testing or in World Builder?
Should work on Testing but now enabled via the Settings->Game->Debugging option.

3 Likes