World builder, why?

Thanks for the info! :slight_smile: It would have to be a laptop though, this would be something for slow times in the office, which are especially frequent in the summer, things literally dead at times, I can do whatever as long as my work gets done, but I donā€™t want to put Steam on my main computer since that could draw attention of folks over my bossā€™ head. Got enough room for a small laptop though, that is what most people do there, just bring one in and out for personal stuff. But that is good to know if playing on a laptop is a bad idea, just something I was toying with so may scrap that idea and just get a desktop capable of it for home when this old one finally goes.

1 Like

that makes sense. Lucky you to have a job that you can play games at. One can onry hope

1 Like

Thanks, appreciate it!! :slight_smile: Will do when the time comes to replace this old clunker at home, haha!

Oh, for comfort with PS4 gaming, my own suggestion to everyone - try a papasan chair. Extremely comfortable, and pretty cheap and easy to move around! :wink: Only thing I can play for hours in without discomfort.

Iā€™ve never considered making my own PC, and with the way my hand and arm jerks I doubt I could do so now. I know that my son could have built one, but with the neurological damage from the wrong med from Wal-Mart (they said, sorry, this happens occasionally and that was it, no lawyer would touch it) he has said he wouldnā€™t be able to.

Just my personal opinion, but a desktop would be better for gaming, laptops can be convenient, but they arenā€™t really made for gaming, from what I have read, even though they have gaming ones. They overheat to easy and I donā€™t think they have to room to hold the whatever is needed to run higher level of games and you want to think of the future.

When I bought a computer for college I was thinking only of match three games. but when I finished my son pushed at me to get out of my box. So bought some games but my potato computer couldnā€™t play them. Son and I went to Best Buy (never buy there again) and bought one that was advance enough to handle some games my son said I would like and be able to play.

It can handle 7 days with high graphics on even the mods that are demanding and I only paid $1,100 for it (clearance sale making room for the new versions), if you make one you could make one nicer for that amount. Boundless is a piece of cake on this computer and I doubt I will ever upgrade it, but made sure it had the room to do so.

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile: Yeah, Iā€™ll scrap the laptop idea then and just plan to replace the home desktop, which is probably going to have to be sooner rather than later anyways. Not sure if my phone or computer is more outdatedā€¦ :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I remember seeing the world builder advertised as a perk on Steam.

Wish I got the upgrade back then.

You can test area of created with world builder on Boundless client. But I think it is quite limited size :confused: