World "Builds" thread

Nice! :smiley: Got some of those on the one that I’m waiting to pop, though I did Gleam Rain for 8 on this one, Tentacle Outcrop IS a really cool looking biome. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

… Latest, Nal V, up off Alcyon, probably open a portal at some point. :slight_smile: But, though it does look at first few regions like there could be some good spots, lower count than the last. Still a good bit of deep water. Might wait to experiment again, losing track of what I’ve got and several not fully mapped so probably should just play with them for a bit. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ok Paka-chan I don’t know what caves to pick what caves do I pick for everything @bucfanpaka

2 Likes

I personally pick standard or flat caves… but I would love to hear from @bucfanpaka

1 Like

Yep, I’ve found standard caves to be the safest for mining - there are other types (I forget which, brain not awake yet :crazy_face: ) that are good for harvesting combustion particles and all, but on the mining side I haven’t liked others I’ve tried. Like, Small Caves creates a LOT of them, bunch of lava traps.

However, someone who has played more with the cave choices might have better input here.

1 Like

If my name was Chan, would you call me Chan-Chan? :smiley:
Wait, what if my name was Chan-Chan… ? …

Regards,

1 Like

Are you by any chance Japanese cookie monster

I usually throw something like Huge Crooked Caves for L8 I don’t expect to mine a lot of resources under (eg. on a Corrosion word), just to make it more interesting. I stay away from those caves that open to the surface a lot because of some bad (“Three elite elemental spitters! Run away! Oh sh----” … “You have been defeated. Return here or go home?”) experiences. Other than that, yeah, Standard Caves and maybe the occasional Large Simple Caves.

2 Likes

Large flat caves can do one of two things:

totally destroy the biomes gem spawn area if RNG puts it in the wrong spot. I’ve found floating mountains will do the same with sapphire. For amethyst I’ve had one work great that kept all the lava out the way and another push the lava down to cover 6 to 11 alt, resulting in a 0.03% roll lol.

The good roll gave me a 20x10 or so area another 40x30 and a smaller 8x4 jammed full of easily accessible amethyst with zero laval.

Does RNGesus like you…

3 Likes

Does anyone have suggested biomes for creating a T6 Topaz world? I saw @ghandymarshall mention they had mastered the topaz world but I have not been able to find any info on what biomes to choose. I have two planets ready to go!

This thread is so helpful! I used info from this thread yesterday and ended up creating a planet (Heliotrope) that ranks 2nd for Amethyst and 10th for Emerald!! I have another code and want to try for Topaz now :slight_smile: HUGE thanks to everyone sharing their knowledge!

2 Likes

@bucfanpaka can help too I’m sure.

My chill planet Ulthar which I made for just Bitter Beans had a large amount of Topaz and Sapphire … and it was very concentrated in certain areas. It’s detailed here:

3 Likes

Most important one on Topaz is going to be taking only Olympus as the lv 8 pick. That biome alone should give you at least one really nice spot. :slight_smile:

The question becomes then, what to do on the rest. Shock is best for Topaz, though I sort of prefer Chills due to more Stardrops (more sapphire, less topaz). On my current Shock, I’ve got a very consolidated huge hotspot at the mine. Thing with taking a lot of the high elevation biomes is, they take up a lot of space, and I’ve seemed to do a little better with the best spots that require a high elevation when choosing some of the smaller, lower biomes as other picks… plus, easier to traverse the world. And some of the other high elevation biomes are really broken up at the elevation topaz is at. You can get lucky on the merges but might not and end up with a really tough world to get around with smaller Olympus areas.

I’d probably put Grand Gorge and Floating Mountains in there though. Also Maze, as though it is a bit low for too much topaz, I have seen some, it is GREAT for sapphire, and the best Stardrop farming. Then just roll whatever looks good for the rest. Heck, might try another myself sometime. :smiley:

3 Likes

On this, too, I have a different alternate Corrosive open now off Alcyon, Forgotten Realms. Lower on amethyst than Proserpina but I might keep it instead, still really torn - thing is, it has a huge gleam spiral area (I stuck a portal to a small land bridge between two big areas) and a really long island tree area too.

2 Likes

One more thing: sidenote on topaz mining in Olympus biome. Dig down about 30-40 from the surface, try to not go too deep even though topaz has a huge range. The reason is the fossils - you’ll have a LOT more profit, can literally mint coin, if you do that. :wink:

4 Likes

Thank you @bucfanpaka and @Redlotus! I think I will go exploring and create one later today.

2 Likes

Let us know how it turns out!

Try to roll a sapphire planet, i find topaz on sapphire planets. Also dont get hung up on the % because you can have a really nice phat deposit and low percentages.

this was the last sapphire i rolled which had okay topaz

2 Likes

Personally I just want to mine in a area with a bunch of said thing in one tight area and don’t care about the rest of da planet

Ideally I found to have some flat biomes along with Olympus as the level 8 biome works well. I think that was why my Chill planet worked well. I chose the flatest ice biomes and then selected Olympus as the 8th. That created several nice areas of concentrated Sapphire and Topaz.

2 Likes

Im letting this planet go so i dont care about its build anymore

The difference between this planet and Meris (IE that planet with like 8% emerald that everyone went grape ape over) is Meris has Water entrances instead of island trees and kong island. I did not figure out what the other biomes were but all of the ones i visually identified were ones i picked for Vikings Emerald.

2 Likes