World "Builds" thread

I posted the information on my latest attempt to max out bitter beans. You can see that here:

I will update it with some more screenshots and atlas pictures for Bitters and Sapphire/Topaz. Not sure why the colors aren’t showing up yet, it has been a couple of days. I did unlock Bright Slate gleam and a slate color for gravel (which I will verify when I get home from work today). There may be more colors, but I got tired of looking.

2 Likes

Have you placed a beacon and made it public.

IIRC the colours won’t show if it isn’t public

1 Like

I placed the beacon and made it so the my guild could see it so I could get some things built first. Possibly the reason?

Did you set/lock-in the colors via the world control?

1 Like

I did. I’'ll double check it when I get off work.

2 Likes

What do you mean that the colors aren’t showing up? Where don’t you see them? If you mean on boundlessinfo, keep in mind that colors show up on the API via manual planet scans, so if nobody with the scanner has been to your planet, that would do it. If you have a portal open somewhere and want a scan, let me know and I’ll pop by. If no portal, I think Soju has a scan request token basket on the sov wall at TNT.

1 Like

TNT > Shedu Tier > Just marked available atm. Bleh portal down… gimme a sec

2 Likes

Thanks @Rydralain

2 Likes

There is a basket for Soju scanning on the wall on the left side of the sovereign planet portals area, left being left when you are facing the soverign planet portals

1 Like

Need some input on a emerald/amethyst world. Looking to get max fossils and ideally a good gem count

2 Likes

My own feeling here is definitely Corrosive over Toxic, as for whatever reason you’ll get more emerald on a Corrosive than amethyst on a Toxic, in my tests. I’m pretty sure I’ve managed on at least one try to get MORE emerald than amethyst on a toxic! I put some more thoughts in the other thread, but this is one I’ll probably try another experiment on, after I finish mapping this one. I’m trying to find the best balance to get some really good amethyst spots - so keeping water shallow, but large bodies still. These are also good for fossils and gold/silver, so in my experience of the non-lucent planets the most profitable to mine by a good margin.

Oh, didn’t mention in the other thread but on this last one, stuck on Maze too for stardrops and weeping waxcap. That plus Island Trees on a Corrosive would be a good pick for someone who only wants one world to get resources from. Add on Gleam Spiral for some easy hunting.

1 Like

So, I went for broke. Initially I was shocked at how baaaad it looked.

0.66% amethyst…

5.5% bitter beans.

Then, I explored it

15mins of mining yielded 2ss of amethyst

Guess rules are different on large planets

Oh…2ss of beans in about 35mins too

Still have 49 regions to look at lol

2 Likes

Definitely didn’t get quite what I anticipated but its still going to yield some nice materials.

I did also mine at around 11 alt. Plenty of gold and good amounts of fossils too

1 Like

Nice!! :smiley: On bitter beans, I’d absolutely take one large maze area over a planet with a much higher count where it is scattered and on other biomes. Maze is just SO much easier to collect on, good roadrunner/hopper hunting biome too. I’ve got a few I can just bounce around now when wanting to collect, very quick easy coin there!

Next roll I’ll try testing some different land biomes… lv. 8 is the tricky one on Corrosive, none of them are good for amethyst/emerald, just a matter of getting the least harmful from what I’ve experienced. Though if you take both Gleam Lake at lv 4 and Floating Shrapnel at lv 8 you can pretty well light up the planet like a Christmas tree from the merges in places. :rofl:

Well it’s all about the amount per chunk to me. The percentages are really misleading if you ask me in game when it populates on boundlessinfo it just seems like better info. 5.5% in game I bet is a lot better on boundless info.

Well for regs like me plz make mines if you have good planet @ghandymarshall

Ok, this worked better than I think any I’ve done since Proserpina, though I think still lower than that one - planet Hethi open now off Norkyna. :slight_smile: Might open a TNT portal later to it near my other one.

… However, I think this can be improved on. Still had a LOT of open ocean - so lots of emerald, but I’m not aiming for that. This calls for another experiment. :joy: The general idea of a lot of small land areas to get more shoreline and shallow water does look to be good. :thinking: But I might need more. And Ocean might need to go, I had put that back in for this.

Hmm. Well, if next test works better I’ll post! :wink:

I got a halfway-decent amethyst world (temporarily labelled “Scrunchions” 'cos I was hungry at the time) where the best spots seem to be where Towers of Hanoi meet Clam Ocean, which was the only ocean biome I had. but it could be coincidence. Is someone (@bucfanpaka) keeping a spreadsheet of every biome combination to see what gives the best yields? My time for proper sciencing is very limited but it would be useful.

1 Like

I should keep better track. Admittedly I often roll just to distract myself - too mentally fried to keep good records lately like I was doing when I first started this thread. :joy: :flushed: But making general mental notes on what works well for different types of builds. I didn’t write down the ones for the one I just put in for but if it turns out really well, I can go over the form and probably remember most. :slight_smile:

1 Like

For the record, my Scrunchions picks were these.

• Level 6 Corrosion
  • Natural Rivers 1
  • Level 4 (1): Sheltered Lakes
  • Level 5 (3): Beaches, Lake Hills, Lush Cliffs
  • Level 6 (5): Clam Ocean, Flat Top, Kong Island, Overhanging Cliffs, Hanoi
  • Level 7 (3): Bridge Islands, Gleam Spiral, Tiny Islands
  • Level 8 (1): Tentacle Outcrop

I chose Overhanging Cliffs and Tentacle Outcrop purely for aesthetics and Gleam Spiral for hunting because I do more than mine but the rest were aimed at maximizing shallow water without vast landless expanses. I would probably choose Gleam Lake next time because it gave me (relatively) good Amethyst on a previous Toxic roll but I was experimenting with this one.

2 Likes