World Difficulty (a warning – please read)

It only needs to be 2 high on the side of the road Jeff, and 1 high in a few places because elop Portas is a ruins

2 Likes

How do you make a short wall more effective? By building a trench around the outside. Jus’ sayin!

Also, an unfortunate problem about walls is they will do nothing to stop cuttle trunks, and little to stop hoppers. We need area defence or repellent mechanics.

6 Likes

One thing I find quite a nuisance, I’m two stories up and hoppers are setting on fire trying to get me. This leaves me with two choices, go outside pretty often and kill them or sit there listening to the whistling sound while I try and craft. I think there should be more restrictions in place for creatures aggro when it is clearly impossible for them to get to you, IE being 20 vertical blocks above them still getting aggro.

5 Likes

Time to build a bunch of armored towers, and place people on position to attack everything in sight.

2 Likes

Well you dont need walls… if your buildings are up in the sky!

1 Like

Well, could you divide threat to parts related to creatures’ kind. So wildstocks may attack only players which previously attacked wildstocks and ignore others which attacked only cuttletrunks.

And it will be feel realistic if creatures will be afraid and escaping from players with high threat rank.

As far as I tested (before the last update), mobs do not look for vertical values to deaggro.

1 Like

Will you also give some skill resets to adjust to the new balance changes? I think this is important to test both the balance of monsters as well as the balance of skilltrees. People are likely not currently geared up for that kind of challenge so I think it is appropriate that skills are reset when big changes like this are introduced.

3 Likes