World tour/intro for new players?

I was thinking it might be fun to gather a bunch of new players and take them around the worlds, Magic Schoolbus style – see the sights, get the locations, point out the fossils, meet the wildstock. Maybe this weekend. Good/bad idea? Thoughts? advice?

13 Likes

sounds like a cool idea! might be tricky to get a group of players esp if you’re after new players… but it could work… would be helpful if there was an ingame sign or town message board type system to help out ^^

3 Likes

I agree, I wish there was signs we could type on to point people in the right direction but overall it sounds like a good idea bro

I’m new and based in Krackendown on Solum. I think that’s a great idea, and would love to attend! However, how would you gather everyone at the same time? Would everyone meet up on one planet? Or would someone pick up the players in a certain city on their home planets? New players may not be able to travel off their home planet by themselves (I know I can’t yet). But I think your biggest issue will likely be spreading the word. I check the forums daily, but not everyone does.

Sorry if these questions are things you’ve already considered. I love this idea though, and would be thrilled to see it come together successfully.

this is small tour only all portals are now on plaza the treeway portal is close
because off double use

Good points! Here’s what I was thinking, tho admittedly I haven’t thought very hard or verified that everything would work, and feedback is welcome!

• I’d schedule a few different times, maybe one for each starter world, at a time that makes sense for that server-zone. So there’d be a tour leaving from Solum at, say, noon EDT, then one from Berlyn at noon PDT, from Therka at idk noon in GMT+1? etc

• post notices on all relevant forum-type things, which I suppose right now means here, Steam, Discord, and reddit. Maybe encourage people to get on discord so I can talk to them with voice, because I’m not so good at running & typing at the same time :laughing:

• post instructions for how to get to the major city on each starter planet

• get people to gather at the relevant city maybe 15min before scheduled departure

• I bring a ton of warp blocks & copper hammers for people

• we use the public portal networks for travel when possible

• maybe each tour focuses on the worlds in that region with only brief intro to the others and how to get to them? So the US-East tour would visit a handful of places on Solum/Epsi/Vulpto, point out cool player settlements/ landforms/ resource locations on those worlds, then swing by Nasharil/Munteen/Alturnik stations so people know where to start if they want to explore those.

Doesn’t matter too much if nobody shows up – I’ve lotsa practice talking to myself :laughing:

3 Likes

Yea, like yours only live in-game :smiley:

That sounds like a great starting plan. Just let me know the confirmed day and time for Solum, and I can meet you in either Pixelgate or KrackenDown. :smile: Also, let me know what the discord situation will be.

Cool!

I don’t think it’ll be this weekend after all, though – there’s a good chance I’ll get called in to work to help with something we’re trying to finish. Bah, work, always getting in the way!

Aw, that sucks. Good luck with work. Let me know whenever you wanna start this up. :slight_smile: I think sticking with a weekend date is a good idea.