[worldbuilder] allowing jpeg pictures in picture noise thingi

I am looking for pictures that look good i found so manny but they are always jpeg and not png so i would want to have jpegs to cas whit jpeg i can make so much better worlds too

I will have to say i dont think anybody understands what you are asking/claiming/suggesting. You should really have somebody proof read it for you so people can easily understand what you are trying to say :smile:

Oh my fault ipad auto correct messed some words up i laughed when i saw that now

I believe he’s talking about heightmaps in JPEG format should be supported in the world builder also.

Yeah it makes quite good sense after he made that edit :smiley:

Isn’t it simple to convert the JPEGs to PNGs?

(We use PNGs because it’s a lossless format, whereas JPEGs are lossy. This means that with JPEGs you lose visual detail in the saving process. This means that with PNGs the heightmap will match the PNG perfectly.)

7 Likes
1 Like

just place the image in photoshop to convert it. saving it in PNG format

Or gimp for those who don’t want to buy a program.

1 Like

well I didn’t buy it xD i just downloaded it with crack and also downloaded a portable one, this one is no need to install it and have CS6 full if someone whants the program I can give it for free those who want it. Just sed me a friend request in Skype Loking for Oriol Sanchez-Crespo in the skype friend browser or by my mail whatever find first.

oriol-93@hotmail.com // Also if you wanna talk to me of just chat if you are bored here you have a good friend. i would be happy to meet you guys.

Yea I meant GIMP for those who want to stay legal :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Honestly, you want to avoid JPEG even if the world builder did support it.

JPEG compression is going to introduce subtle and confusing artifacts into your noise functions. Even small changes can result in many blocks worth of weirdness in the generated world. You might need to smooth over artifacts from images converted to PNG, as well.

2 Likes

just convert them into png.

You necro’d a 1 year old thread to post the same thing that had been said no fewer than 3 times already? Did you not even read the thread?