WorldBuilder Works In-Progress Showoff

I love how geometric looking it all is! I’d like to play on this world!

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve been playing with Voronoi noise generators lately. I think they give the world a great non-Earth feel and keeps with the geometric theme of the game.

I can’t wait for the update so I can see how some of these worlds look in-game. :smile:

1 Like

Here’s me playing around with an aquatic world; some land and flora with deep water, caves, various strata and gold, silver, iron and Oort Stone ore veins.

And here’s a view without the water, showing the vast underwater areas that can be developed:

6 Likes

these are looking fantastic! I hope they include stuff like this (if not this) into the game when it launches! I like the gridding on the trees. It’s not natural, but hints at some kind of past civilization which is perfect!

Thanks! I’m told the grid effect is actually a bug in the Generator on the Windows and Mac OSX platforms. :smile:

Unfortunately, the gridding is a bug (which doesn’t actually translate into the built world) - but I think you could do the gridding with some cell noise

2 Likes

I had some fun making this world. I’m calling it “Groondi.”

@nevir, @Squidgy and others interested in world building, if you have some time can you please check this out in the WorldBuilder tool, give it a play test and let me know what you like/don’t like, etc. I think the next one I’ll try to put the finishing touches on will be the water world described by @Bokke above.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Wooow!!! Much love to you, sir. It’s absolutely fantastic :blush: It almost seems like you play the world generator like an instrument. Wow, wow, wow!

1 Like

Thank you! I am really digging this tool and the ability to play test worlds in OO during development.

@lucadeltodecso:

I’m working on a river canyon world.

Do you notice the circular cookie-cutter looking affect in the bottom of the canyon? The ‘canyon bottom’ biome looks like a saimple relatively flat surface:

I’m not sure where this is coming from. Could that be some artifact in my main ‘altitude’ biome distribution noise map:

Which looks like this:

Or is this an artifact from the generator?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Dude, that’s looking fantastic!

Adding to a collection of WorldBuilder experiments. Here’s a river canyon world (complete with floating islands).

This need perhaps a mountain or two, or at least some taller hills to add some variety. This being only 32(x) by 32(z) chunks, I wonder how this would repeat in the real game. Here’s the config file for you guys to check out:

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

7 Likes

Thanks Squidgy! I’m loving the WB tool! So much power!

1 Like

I’m not the expert, but remember the generator blends together (up to 4) biomes, so it’s possible that the noise is coming from the other biomes you’re blending with.

But it might also easily be a bug. You could try testing this by replacing the other biomes with simple flat planes (or something). See if the noise vanishes, or is controllable.

Amazing work btw!!

Thanks! I will try to play around to see if I can determine whether it’s a byproduct of various biome noise.

How about a cratered desert world?

Here’s the config file for it. As always, play test and feedback is greatly appreciated. :smile:

Also, here’s some interesting configuration elements I found at the tail end of the world config file:

:smile:

5 Likes

I seem to need this at least once a week…

4 Likes

You really need to give us a teaser about the titans, I´m starting to get seizures from all the neurolizer GIFs :smile:

8 Likes

CLAY WORLD!

This is too much fun. :smiley: I hope I’m not spamming this thread with random pics.

5 Likes

Not at all! Watching you do it is so much more interesting than trying to figure out how to use the WorldBuilder myself :smiley:.

3 Likes