Worst Gleam Colors

Okay, I’m working on a thing, and I’ll need to pick the lighting. I’m curious what everyone’s least favorite gleam colors are. What lighting makes you uncomfortable, squicked out, grossed out, creeped out, angry that it exists?

I might do a survey from the suggestions, mostly out of curiosity.

pure white. has a strong ‘hospital’ or ‘trainstation toilet’ vibe for me. it makes me all the things you said and more.

2 Likes

I like natural lighting, or lighting that at least makes sense. So if I’m in a old cabin or a tree hoise, and there’s some bright Azure Gleam, it totally ruins the build for me

Edit: and White Gleam, agree 100% with Apt on that one

2 Likes

Worst gleam color in general is Silk Mustard. That shitty yellow…

6 Likes

Silk Yellow… so gross. I used some just for measuring guidelines. Regretted every moment that green line was visible.

5 Likes

Silk Yellow:

Gross. Thanks!

Silk Mustard:

Could be unpleasant in the right environment :thinking:

1 Like

istockphoto-176001068-170667a
Ah, silk yellow. The pineapple on pizza color q😆

5 Likes

What have you done. You monster. :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

I personally dislike all gleam colors that are too vibrant, too colorful, because they overpower the colors you picked for your blocks. I use mostly colors with “Cool”, “Cold” or “Weary” prefixes.

But “Vivid”, “Bright” and such?

1 Like

u must be getting out of date pineapple on your pizza :joy:

2 Likes

Oh I could never do that to poor, innocent pizzas
I like silk yellow- it’s about pairing the right color materials with it- but I also like the green color created when you mix crisp (or was it luminous?) tan gleam with ashen grey marble…

That color would be nauseating to most, I’d bet. It’s a sickly color @Rydralain

2 Likes

Dont use gleam but if i have to pick one i would say black. I just dont see the point.

I use natural Light if i just can… Also lantern wich i dont so much count as natural lighting (Yes gleam is natural block i know).

Ah, Silk Yellow… funny how the one main world with Gleam Lake got that color! :joy: I don’t like Silk Yellow, but it seems to like me… RNG seems to roll it more than my share when I set up sovereigns. I see it and am always like :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: RNG is trolling me again!

2 Likes

Silk yellow. No contest

3 Likes

I’ve only used white in my workshop to specifically look like fluorescent lighting, so I’ll agree with that!

Of course silk yellow generally grosses me out. Since I use it for marble I have it in a chest with a storage block on top and even the display annoys me :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You know, I use white for color storage so it’s easier to tell the actual color, but nothing else. I’ll have to try out Silk Yellow for this project. See if it works, since this seems pretty universal!

1 Like

I think White is okay, but looks a bit too artificial. I can deal with it but not silk yellow.

it is both useful and unpleasant :smiley:

I’d use some silk yellow in a swamp, or to visually represent a fart

3 Likes

Someone make a sovereign in all silk yellow and name it Flatulence, please.

7 Likes

should be a gas giant

3 Likes