Would a city built underwater work?

we are getting off topic

O okay do we care though I mean change the name up top to and yadda yadda we then are on topic :rofl::smirk:

1 Like

Im making a new thread specially for it

I use to have a base underwater and was pretty cool. Wish I would of kept it. U can plot it all take water then then remove plots above and the water just regens

2 Likes

Around the time of the PS4 release there was the beginnings of an under water settlement on Raxxa that slowly turned into a pretty decent size. It wasn’t far from my settlement of the time but I had only looked around once or twice.
So it’s doable to do something under water. It just would take extra time and effort.

1 Like

I’d love to see something like the Gungan city in Phantom Menace. That comes to mind specifically because I like the walls of water you see in game in underwater builds. @PixelatedTwix just made a video about Bastion on Maryx where there’s a water farm that goes down to the sea floor and it has those water walls.

So basically water walls act like those gelatinous walls in Gungan city due to Boundless physics. You just need a floor and a roof.

1 Like

Make a super clear glass dome

1 Like

Also reminded of the stargate pyramid shaped ships. Pyramids are cool to build.

2 Likes

I meant to suggest a glass dome but didn’t. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@Ratchel time to chisel the glass ceiling of the dome and put water on top. :rofl:

3 Likes

You chisel near 500k glass!

3 Likes

I will if you place the water blocks :rofl:

3 Likes

@Ratchel and @FireAngelDth don’t chisel glass blocks if you’re placing water on top.
As you will get weird edges.

Have given that a try in the past from below it didn’t look right.

[edit] in the end tough its up to you :wink: but i just wouldn’t.

2 Likes

It is doable to build a under water city.
But as @Mittekemuis said before it will cost a lot of plots and “stress” during the building process. Be prepared to drown :grin:.

1 Like

From the very beginning I have wondered why we don’t have an underwater brew or pie. Just saying :thinking:

I will never chisel the dome. It’s wwwwaaaayyyyy to much glass.

2 Likes

There is now: https://www.boundlexx.app/items/33587/

Requires Spooky Orbs from Halloween.

Combined with the “That Sinking Feeling” quirk, you can have unlimited water breathing for as long as you can keep up the brew.
Kraken Brew + That Sinking Feeling quirk = Scuba in Boundless

3 Likes

We could drop the dome down one block and place water lol

This works pretty good too
I built half of my city underwater/under my city and only used 10 -15 kraken brews?
You still move like you’re underwater and you will sink like a stone, but it’s awesome to watch the sun rise under an ocean…

1 Like

bit ot here but this topic has led me to the idea of flooding a build I already have under a lake (top layer water then 1 layer glass)

was a block archive but have since moved that so might just add a few things (ruins, glowing plants etc), finish a couple of statues and then take out the glass so flooding the place.
Like the idea of someone swimming across the lake and seeing a submerged build through the gloom.

1 Like