Would a city built underwater work?

Over the past few months, I have been kinda (maybe not kinda, but AM) obsessed with Bioshock and the city of Rapture. I know there’s already an Atlantis-like city on Boundless. But would people be willing to build a 1930-40s looking city underwater kinda like Rapture but with their own special twist? Would it be better to do this kind of city (Not the 1930-40s looking city, but of the underwater variety) in hostile atmospheres?

Let me know what your thoughts are about a project like this below!

4 Likes

Seems like a hard but cool idea

To create a city like that with that kind of detail we are talking thousands of plots. plotting the area underwater will be a huge pain, to begin with, let alone build. Personally, the easiest option is to bomb out a huge area and build underground and afterwards fill it with water.

That being said, I love the art on Bioshock rapture! It will be so cool if you can pull it off.

5 Likes

Hey, at least im not talking about a city in the sky like Columbia!

1 Like

I looked into building atlantis from stargate in the past. The amount of plots it would have taken me was just not achievable. There have been a few underwater builds I’ve come across in the past and they all were pretty awesome. Best of luck.

2 Likes

I’m not building an underwater city… just seeing how likely it is to build one

It’s totally doable and you should do it

5 Likes

A Pyramid that serves as a community hub also came to my mind…

And a giant 2-D image of Morshu

1 Like

The Kraken brew would make this project so much easier.

4 Likes

9 Likes

I LOVE the battered and old look of that!

1 Like

@GravityThatBinds you should deff get started on amassing the plots for this. I would love to see an actual under water city

1 Like

Problem is with me in the next 22 days graduating from highschool, work, and other plans getting in the way I just cant see it happening. But I would love to see others give it a try!

1 Like

When I have my city fully built and have 10k plots I’ll sumerge it in water Mwahahaha be like a ancient city

4 Likes

Make sure everything is sealed up first!

1 Like

It’s Destiny concept art, for the Pyramid ships of The Dark Fleet.

It’s all I could think of when you wrote that. :joy:

3 Likes

how about this?

1 Like

I see that, and raise you this;

1 Like

I need to make a new topic now for this subject now

1 Like

What do you mean