Would you pay $10/€10 for a new race? If not, would this bother you if implemented?

Free change token when they release new races for every character then a cubit cost per change afterwards. If the races get minor passive bonuses, it should have a weekly cooldown or something.

Edit: Also add it into gleam club the same as tinting.

1 Like

We still have the same amount of skill points per skill page even though new skills were added, so I could imagine getting that balance back with races offering an inherent epic skill each.

Let’s say there are 3 basic races. One could come with epic jump, another with light source, yet another with portal opening (just shooting examples from my unmentionable to give you an idea of what I mean).

I also like the idea of races having one of the atmospheric protections maxed out, or can imagine a race of hardened space travellers with warping distance maxed out.
Also one type armor or immunity at max level would be interesting.

Damn, with all I mentioned, it would lead to 10 races.
And I would really be happy enough to have 3 races to chose from now, purely as an esthetic choice.

PS. Mind that whatever a race offers skill-wise, would be active for all skill sets and alts.

4 Likes

Maybe it’s just me, but I dislike the idea of having race specific skills. Especially if they end up worthwhile and it’s like hey, now I’m “forced” to be a unicorn because they fly and hobgoblins are only able to eat mud or whatever.

That said, the game could use more abilities, I just don’t see why they need be tied to appearance like that. Just make a list of abilities, let players choose one (or however many) and hurrah, the citizens rejoice.

I’d probably buy a new race, but would much prefer if many came out at once (I know, that reeks of pipe dream) so that it wouldn’t be everyone switching from rockgoblins to tigerninjas at once.

4 Likes

I feel this way about ESO.

Still, in a way I kind of like the balance of “having” to pick a race I don’t like as much.

There is a TON of cosmetic stuff I’d happily buy with cubits.
Like an alternative appearance for beacons that looks like it’s made with gleam, off the top of my head.

I’d say the game should have a starter set of free races, and the others would be bought with cubits, yeah, I’d be fine with that. That won’t make my builds or my in-take of coins any better, so it’s fine if it’s in the in-game store.

1 Like

An individual race, for a single Alt, should be bought with cubits.

1 Like