WTB - Rough Amethysts and Emeralds @ The Coil King!

If you still have some when i get on tonight i will buy some

With the changes coming to forge, hopper cores may not hold that much value any more. And honesty they’re not that hard to get on new planets.

Sorry this is off topic…

So this player buys them all from you for 3990 and then puts them on his shop on SALE for 7k
What a bargain, Hahaha

I used to buy stuff from him but I’m just going to boycott him for being SPECIAL!

1 Like

A tip for being a better priced shop in the world of monopoly style selling that is boundless, put extra stock on display in storage containers. Showing that if they buy out your plinth that you can grab more stock and put it in. They don’t know how many is in each stack and it becomes far more of a gamble if they want to wipe you out like that. Also can put a sign for pm’s if someone is there and the plinth is empty but you have overstock in the storage etc. Take a bit more work but saved me from having this same issue in EA and beyond

5 Likes

I hate it when i put something up for sale at a price i think is awesome. Then stand back and think… yep, I’m so happy with that price im going to make a post telling everyone about it. This is the best pricing ive ever deliberately put on anything and then confirmed my intent in writing!

Then some jerk buys them all.

I mean really. The nerve of some people. Obviously that price was not the price you should buy them for.

1 Like

Yea this has ruined me on Centless store. I used to just hold my nose and buy at times but definitely done with this type of crummy practice at this point.

Sorry guys, but this is how the free economy works. If you’re selling an item to anyone, I’m not sure why you’re upset that you sold the items at the desired price point.

How else is Centless supposed to combat other stores from deflating the price of inventory he/she is currently holding? What if he bought the gems for 500 each last month to craft coils?

I’ve never bought stuff from Centless, but I’m not boycotting their store because they play the market differently than I do…

3 Likes

Honestly, it costs Centless a lot less to make advanced coils than 4k, so if they’re buying and reselling, then they’re just fueling the cheaper product. Why wouldn’t @Vansten make more to sell if they sold so fast?

If Centless is looking for a middle-person, then looks like they found one.

Maybe. We can’t tell shopkeeps how much their time is worth. Maybe people can negotiate/talk it out.

People can talk and negotiate it out and people can also boycott. Like you said, that’s a free market.

2 Likes

Of note, IRL (at least in the US), a store (or business more generally), can deny service to anyone at any time for any reason*. Most stores I know would throw out someone from Wallmart (or w/e) if they came in to buy, say, all their TVs, even if the Wallmart person was going to pay full advertised price for everything. I have no idea how you would do that in game, though. And you can call this move savvy if you want (and it kind of is), but it’s also anti-competitve/monopolistic.

2 Likes

Maybe boycott somewhere that isn’t the forums though. I don’t want to see people rallying against me if my prices are high. The market is free, but the forums under “no naming and shaming” rules aren’t.

Excellent points, but anyone is allowed to craft and sell anything at any price. Price match other shops if you don’t want them to buy you out. Other shops are doing/have been doing this kind of thing to each other already, not specifically on coils. I get it that people are against that. I know lots of people hate “flip” shops that buy low in their baskets and sell higher on their stands. To each their own, though.

1 Like

So not a free market then? There’s a very distinct difference between having high prices and someone trying to manipulate/control a market. If people are going to manipulate/control a market then they can be called out for doing so. That’s not a name and shame. That’s educating newer and unsuspecting people that said item is grossly over inflated and doesn’t cost the price they are being sold at.

Edit: this is where I get an irritation with this community. Folks claim it’s a sandbox and free market type game, but when actual sandbox and free market elements begin to happen, it’s distinctly frowned upon because it’s ‘negative’ for discussing facts. That’s something Boundless has to figure out. You can’t cater to both.

2 Likes

People trashing a specific shop on the official forum because of its pricing strategy isn’t something I can stand behind. If you want to educate, go start a thread titled “X price for Y item is too high”.

1 Like

Personally I do not think this is naming and shaming but if you or the person being discused does, they can report it to the developers. If the only thing that can be done is good advertising for stores and not rating or commenting on a stores practices, then I would agree it is not a free market and will further discourage players from engaging in the economy. Examples we could not comment on someone selling used goods versus new goods or advertising prices lower than they are actually selling for. Not being able to comment on how someone runs their shop is not a good idea.

1 Like

Everyone can do as they want to as far as buying as selling. If it’s part of the game’s mechanics, then so be it. I don’t know why people waste their time slinging mud just because they don’t like someone’s prices.

IRL, if I don’t like a store for whatever reason (it smells funny, prices are high, inventory is low), I don’t shop there. Simple.

Right now, there is no “market” in BL to “fix”. If I am selling an item and someone buys it, awesome. There are no rules regarding price. Nor do I care if the person buying my item has a better shop and can sell the item for a higher price. Once it’s left my hands, it’s none of my business.

2 Likes

I think there are ways to discuss certain business practices without naming the shops/players. That’s all I’m asking for in the forums.

No. That’s now how this thread got to where it is right now. OP is selling coils indicative of what that’s actual materials cost and the bit of spark/time involved. Being a supportive community member, OP makes a post letting folks know of their sale so folks can get goods at actual cost prices instead of excessive inflation. People warn someone like Centless is going to do exactly what they did and OP hopes that isn’t the case. That very thing ends up happening and now OP appears a bit miffed and is now going to sell them slightly cheaper than Centless but offer a 40% hand trade discount so they can attempt to weed out unscrupulous people like has happened already to them. Market manipulation is fine but acting like someone shouldn’t be warned about that because of some ridiculous interpretation of naming and shaming is just crazy.

Look, boundless has a lot of problems. Devs do their best to fix what they can. The bugs and nerfs aren’t the only things chasing people off. Folks looking to screw over their neighbor just in the name of getting further a head is just as big a problem. This community really needs to take a log hard look at what it’s really trying to be, and be honest with itself. Either it wants to be a child friendly environment as they’re advertising or it wants to be a cut throat market builder. I’m good with either one. It’s annoying seeing people trying to argue for both types of game play. They can’t, dont, and won’t exist together. 20+ years of online games have proven that. Boundless is not an exception in that regard.

3 Likes

Agree to disagree.

/shrug

2 Likes