Xmas event for those that either hate or cant attend hunts

hahaha found my old pic from oortmas 2019… that was all i was able to craft

2022 - it will bw exactly same with xmas items from 2019 :smiley:

1 Like

For me the red candy canes are not worth it at this moment ,hopefully by next year some little changes are being made to the oortmas event. It must suck to those that are limited in time, and you need to work your ■■■■ of in game too for the small reward that it gives.

@Tmmk it would be nicer if it had at least some glow to it even if it was little

1 Like

I went to confirm it’s just red

The spitter centerpiece also takes 10 red :exploding_head: I’ve seen that in game I have a new respect for it!

Snow citizens also 10 red canes for each piece. I think I have some of these I’m not even sure where I got them. I thought they were a green cane craft.

Oortmas oorty - 5 red 5 green - I guess nobody has 255 colors of this oorty sitting around!

Candy Totem Seeds - 5 red 5 green to grow the totem. These do seem to go for around 10k but they’re often forged. There’s a shop with 20 for 6500c each right now, too.

The tree parts, yam centerpiece, and gift boxes are made with green canes only.

I have a growing stack of green canes just from running around, and also “defending” my machines. Those are trivial compared to red, although the old leftovers in shop stands have a too high price on them. With so long between events that’s been reasonable.

EDIT also I wish it wasn’t tangle I have the colors I want in gleam and I’m not sure if they can be found in tangle. I hope if I find tangle and make the twinkles they look like the gleam colors.

Tan gleam is beautiful gold in color. If I made a craft of twinkles using tangle and they look like tan tangle I will be so mad.

With this kind of scarcity it’s not pleasant to take such a risk and there are relatively few twinkles in game to try and preview.

4 Likes

I might know 1 person…
possible even be on display
I’ll have a look once I login

2 Likes

If they have it I hope they’re on display - I don’t care about them but I will go look because analyzing this situation - that’s a serious flex right there.

Is it @babycookie? :rofl:

1 Like

i remember only halloween oorty full collection

2 Likes

Nah ah it ain’t him
As for tangle what colours do you need?

1 Like

Plot twist. Its me. Im here just playing with you.

1 Like

I am going to try and make some green, blue (probably azure), and gold twinkles at least.

The tan gleam had me excited for gold ones. With tangle I have no idea, maybe a sepia?

Also red. Strong variant are probably ok but not wanting to use anything night or dark to make twinkles with :thinking:

If I had enough canes I would probably wait until I have a specific build/use to make more colors. IIRC they’re full time craftable it’s just getting the canes that’s seasonal.

I have a decent collection of gleambow tangle and there’s the event coming so getting the colors isn’t too stressful - but with this level of difficulty getting the candy canes it’s going to be stressful guessing what the finished colors will look like. Tan for instance, is very different in a rock vs in gleam, I can’t picture the tangle atm not sure how that looks.

:rofl:

EDIT: Oh I just realized I can probably also preview in creative - that’s a relief.

1 Like

just let me know what tangle colors you need and i can check my storage for you

as for this person’s collection, it is a long search in such a huge area with all sorts of event stuff but I found some.

found this too a bit creepy if I must say :stuck_out_tongue:

and a random screenshot

3 Likes

Oh ok, I haven’t been through Jeweler’s since I took down Lantern Gardens.

It’s a very impressive collection. Also the first person I knew to build basically a lava maze :rofl: He/they used to be over close to infinity city. Took it over at one point IIRC.

I have the impression that there has been at least one group/mass craft of all colors for every other holiday. I don’t collect those though, so I’m not sure.

3 Likes

I have the mats to make a full set just haven’t yet but I’m making a area to display them
Along with other events but alot of water clearing

1 Like

Yeah when HOST said that I thought of you. It’s a real challenge for me but probably not so much for someone who regularly solos T7 meteors.

2 Likes

The economy is fun. I have been working on a shop with all my items lately and really if you had the coin to do it you could easily double/triple your coin in a fair amount of time simply “playing” the economy game.

Looking for a good example:

You could very well buy all these below 48c and sell it all at 49c and still be below the 50c and probably sell a good bit of it until someone undercuts you. It’s not the best example, but I’ve done this very thing before.

@econodog and @Foxx449 I have given a good 20-25mil in coin over the past months. Can’t say I am happy to spend that much, but hey I did my fair share of grinding and economic play.

1 Like

That doesn’t account for taxes though right? You’d have to factor in the 7.5%

I am glad that the economy is strong enough to play with that way though, I think it adds a lot to the game.

1 Like

Of course taxes come into play here.

Thanks for the business over the past months. I try to recycle most of the coins into request baskets anyway, I’ve made a fair few millionaires over the years, that’s for sure.

2 Likes

in all the years I’ve been playing, being unable to hunt I only get red from the rare dormant meteor I’ve stumbled across, and then bought to make things like the spitter centrepiece. The sheer cost in it is why I put it as finger food for an Emperor.

1 Like

I have had very few, and the same mostly from dormants. Each year I’ve tried a couple of meteors then said “naah” and got in trying to build or play int he snow.

I did after I think the third year (might have been the second as Aenea was here) get some extra canes, enough to make a bulk (middle size) craft of candy seeds. I have a couple of snowman blocks, but I’m pretty sure they must have come from the hoard of someone who left me their stuff when they stopped playing for a while.

I don’t enjoy the hunts and I get physically uncomfortable at it - part of that is probably just stress but I blame the snow - I’m fine in a regular hunt but after an hour or less of the snow hunts I end up with a huge headache. Regular hunts are more tolerable but again - we can create discomfort for ourselves :man_shrugging: I’m not trying to act like (for me) it’s a medical issue or anything I just don’t like it.

The poll I started seems to say that a lot of people feel the same.

The gleambow event is coming, that’s also a challenge that you have to get out and run for. Being that it’s the special Boundless only (no associated earth holiday) I’m not as bothered with the focus on two of Boundless’ most unique mechanics, the grapples and the meteor system.

Also though with gleambow the rewards are plentiful, things get shared around, and even cleaning up the leftovers can result in some great extras, with regards to colors that don’t spawn naturally. The number of sovereign colors unlocked has some impact there, though.

There is some good input here amongst the chatter - fingers crossed that by next year we see some improvements.

1 Like

At the risk of sounding like scrooge I’m not a huge fan of the Oortmas event. The lack of regular loot in hunts make it a bit of a non-starter for me as the only thing that draws my eye are the twinkle blocks but not enough to farm for or even buy the red canes. The constant snow is a bit tedious as well when trying to build things. Still, I enjoy people getting into the festive spirit and I think its good people are having fun with the snowball fights. It may not be my cup of tea but I’m glad it is enjoyed by many here.

2 Likes