Xmas event for those that either hate or cant attend hunts

in all the years I’ve been playing, being unable to hunt I only get red from the rare dormant meteor I’ve stumbled across, and then bought to make things like the spitter centrepiece. The sheer cost in it is why I put it as finger food for an Emperor.

1 Like

I have had very few, and the same mostly from dormants. Each year I’ve tried a couple of meteors then said “naah” and got in trying to build or play int he snow.

I did after I think the third year (might have been the second as Aenea was here) get some extra canes, enough to make a bulk (middle size) craft of candy seeds. I have a couple of snowman blocks, but I’m pretty sure they must have come from the hoard of someone who left me their stuff when they stopped playing for a while.

I don’t enjoy the hunts and I get physically uncomfortable at it - part of that is probably just stress but I blame the snow - I’m fine in a regular hunt but after an hour or less of the snow hunts I end up with a huge headache. Regular hunts are more tolerable but again - we can create discomfort for ourselves :man_shrugging: I’m not trying to act like (for me) it’s a medical issue or anything I just don’t like it.

The poll I started seems to say that a lot of people feel the same.

The gleambow event is coming, that’s also a challenge that you have to get out and run for. Being that it’s the special Boundless only (no associated earth holiday) I’m not as bothered with the focus on two of Boundless’ most unique mechanics, the grapples and the meteor system.

Also though with gleambow the rewards are plentiful, things get shared around, and even cleaning up the leftovers can result in some great extras, with regards to colors that don’t spawn naturally. The number of sovereign colors unlocked has some impact there, though.

There is some good input here amongst the chatter - fingers crossed that by next year we see some improvements.

1 Like

At the risk of sounding like scrooge I’m not a huge fan of the Oortmas event. The lack of regular loot in hunts make it a bit of a non-starter for me as the only thing that draws my eye are the twinkle blocks but not enough to farm for or even buy the red canes. The constant snow is a bit tedious as well when trying to build things. Still, I enjoy people getting into the festive spirit and I think its good people are having fun with the snowball fights. It may not be my cup of tea but I’m glad it is enjoyed by many here.

2 Likes

I was wandering around reapers the other day and literally found a room with a ton of oorty colors. If I knew how to get back there I’d show you, but maybe @georgegroeg knows?

2 Likes

There have definitely been group crafts of halloween, birthday, and valentine’s oortys.

There have been some private ones as well, though I’m not sure about every event. @HOST put some pics earlier in the thread of some but I’m not sure if any of those sets are complete.

Oh I just found the portal. If you come to Reapers i’ll show you!
This place is huge, not sure if there’s christmas oorty’s here…

4 Likes

I’ve seen a couple but thanks. If I was in game I’d come just to hang out for a few.

Honestly though, I think I have enough materials to craft a full set of those, and the birthday ones. Probably the Gleambow ones, Valentine’s not so much but that’s because I sold most of my heart shaped rocks and haven’t really gone trading in the last 2 events.

Thanks for the invite though for real.

Np! If anyone wants to see this place, look for a portal labeled “Colour Display” in one of the trees near the TNT portal at reapers.

2 Likes

That’s mine :blush: glad you like it - those are the Halloween oorties - cuz I love them lol

I have a GTG portal “moon” and in the towers of power as well. Thanks for sharing :heart:

5 Likes

I didn’t read this entire thread, but I would sincerely appreciate some form of modification to the method for acquiring red canes. I’ve no problem with slapping festive critters around for the greens. It works ok with my limited game time budget. But the method for acquiring the reds is just too limited. I’d settle for any solution that makes acquiring them more accessible to all manner of players.

To those who claim, “just buy them” or “join hunts,” that’s easier said than done. Buying them is uber cost-prohibitive for many players (particularly newer and/or non-entrepreneurial players). And hunting for them is only mildly effective if you can join with others. Don’t even get me started on cane hunting solo (usually my only option). It’s simply not an effective method (It’s possible that I’m just bad at it, but whatever).

Now in my third “Oortmas season,” the drops for this event feel wildly disproportionate to the few others.

5 Likes

Since there are no hunts ever going at the time I am able to be online this is pretty much 90% of all I have been able to do this year with the Oortmas event. Been fun to actually, I pick a different planet each time I go out. The drops are terrible, everyone knows that, but I’ve acquired over 2 SS of Red canes this season solo so far and still have time to go for more. Hoping to at least get one more SS before the event ends.
So it can be effective.

i think jewelers was one of the first location bookmarks i ever made

2 Likes