2.75MILLION COIN GIVEAWAY [Ended] - for mental health awareness day

So I’ve decided to give away 1 million coins for mental health awareness day, although this give away is going to be a little different. Mental health is something that is very close to myself, and for me Gaming is a real relief for this. I know a lot of people feel the same, so I have an idea that could possibly help someone who’s having a bad day or even just give someone a smile.

I want people to go around and do Random acts of kindness. Just stop what you’re doing and go and help someone, give someone a present or even just saying something kind in chat. I want some screenshots posting of these random acts (not of yourself doing it) so if you come across some in game, post them here and the winner will be decided from this chat. (A little long winded, but if it helps just 1 person having a bad day then it’s job done)

(Edit: can also be you telling what someone has done, be sure to tag them and explain fully)

Peace Out

Nawty :v:t3:

30 Likes

This is so awesome of you, what a great idea! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’ll ditto this bigtime. I definitely feel the same. I’ve mentioned I get hit with bouts of depression - gaming is more healing than anything I’ve found. The games I love help me escape from my troubles for a time, forget hurt… there are things IRL I can’t fix or run away from. But the games help me, make things so much more bearable. :slight_smile: I’ll always be so grateful for them.

8 Likes

Exactly! I think that’s why I enjoy playing community games too. I love interacting with people and helping and giving. So hopefully this will encourage some smiles today! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Very nice of you. My fiancée is a psychologist and has done a good job making me more aware of how important mental health is. Giving positivity to anyone who may suffer from it.

4 Likes

I’ll leave this open for the next 24 hours. So will announce the winner tomorrow at 4PM UK time, or 11am EST.

2 Likes

Ill certainly gift some people when I get online! Brilliant idea.

And it costs nothing to just be kind. Especially on here, we don’t know fully or many times at all what people are going through in real life, let’s keep Boundless the great escape that it is!

7 Likes

Exactly! A smile covers everything (in literal terms, I know we can’t see people irl😅)

And although I might be a stranger to everyone, I’m ALWAYS free to message, every one of you. If you’re having a hard day, somethings on your mind or you just need someone to speak to, don’t ever think twice about messaging me! :heart:

4 Likes

Wish I could give this a thousand :heart:s. You are an awesome person, @Trickyy90!! :slight_smile:

Sometimes just a bit of kindness can turn around a person’s day, can mean so much to them. A nice word to someone costs nothing and can be so meaningful.

And of all the escapes I’ve found in games, Boundless is hands-down the best - and partly because of you all, sooo many wondeful people here!! :smiley:

Thank you, and I want to throw my offer in on this as well - always here if anybody wants to talk or just needs somebody to listen.

9 Likes

What a fantastic idea!
I just missed you as you were heading to sanctum earlier.
Gaming can be so healing and helps so much with social anxiety.
I will be running around dumping goodies later for sure!

4 Likes

Yeah I’ve noticed that the connection is a little bad atm. I don’t know if that’s a server thing or not, but I had to jump off. 450ms going through portals :grimacing:

But good! The aim is just to make some people smile, I gave out a good amount while I’ve been on. Like Santa Claus early :joy::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome idea!

2 Likes

Illuminawtyness is full of illumigoodness.

6 Likes

There’s a time for both nawtyness and goodness :smirk::joy:

5 Likes

Don’t forget to post anything you come across people! So far nobody has :pensive:

1 Like

Here i am reading this thing about mental health and my wife says we prolly are going to hospital tonight to get baby number 4 out.

Great idea @illuminawtyness

19 Likes

Congratulations and good luck!

2 Likes

No random acts going on then? I take it no one wants a mil :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

I’m sure there are random acts going on buddy. Good on you to do something like this, mental health awareness is something that’s extremely close to my heart also. In fact one of my first big projects on this game was about that subject. I’ve received messages in the past from people who found the project and told me how much it helped them. I’ve no greater feeling in this game than when I know I made the difference in a strangers life. Truth be told those messages probably helped me as much I helped them.

8 Likes

I’d love to come across what ever it was if it’s still out there!

And yeah, I totally agree. I suppose giving back is something that helps me. I love making people happy, even though I’m in a bad place. Cliche I suppose, but it definitely helps!

6 Likes

This is a very BEAUTIFUL idea @illuminawtyness!! You are amazing! Love it!

Maybe extend it through the weekend when more people are online and more smiles are given and received?

3 Likes