2 Characters Lost

Could this be a problem, has anyone else lost a character maybe a dev could help.

Anybody brave enough to test?

I have run characters without beacons so that likely isn’t it. Sorry to hear about the issue… definitely a weird one.

Might not be the same issue or maybe is it? I had to recreate my creative character for w/e reason. I do not really care since it’s creative but i was a bit surprised to do so. It was the same thing as you, it put me in character creation zone but everything was already set (color, name, etc) and had to click accept or w/e the button is.

creative was specified in release notes; this release did a huge universe-wide migration of character storage backends, which is not under the jurisdiction of a game server and is a manual offline process and so couldnt be done for users local creative worlds.

this is something else (and more worrying…), his characters were fine, and “then” got currupted somehow to end up in the state of going back to character creation and being treat like a new character.

3 Likes

No. I logged on shortly after the patch was finished. Restarted steam and my computer. Logged in to several characters to reclaim farms that I made. I started some crafts with my crafting character. Logged out for some sleep. I logged on and 3 of my 5 characters are now gone. I was building on my miner/build character. Needed to start some marble crafts. Switched to my Crafter. It went straight to a character creation sanctum. Named the new character the same as my old one. And now the character is reading 0/0 plots and no skill tabs. Nothing. 3 characters confirmed out of 5 lost. Builder/Miner, and my Hunting Character are ok.

what the names of your characters that have been “lost” ?

Asfluxia, Bois, Devildog

Yeah thanks for that. This is causing me to not be able to craft anything due to my only 2 skill sheet crafter being completely gone. So it is definitely stopping me from continuing a build. Its ok though. Im sure someone will figure it out. And if worst comes to worse ill have to remake the toon. But I hope this is not a bigger issue for the entire community and was only just bad luck in my case.

1 Like

If you want I’m happy to craft whatever for you, so at least you can build, just give me the mats and instructions :blush:

3 Likes

Ehm. You got more then one character? Started 4 hours ago… do i need to buy another character slot?

You buy your extra characters in the exchange using your cubits :slight_smile: you can have up to 10 characters (or alts)

It can be quite handy to have dedicated characters for certain activities. If you feel you aren’t missing skills yet it’s not yet needed I suppose.

There are also skill sheets per character, but those only make sense once you reached a much higher level since the skill points need to be shared, so if you have less than 100 skill points you then have to divide them over more than 1 skill sheet. Therefor players then create a new character instead, level it far enough so they can then get the skills needed they want that char to be able to do.

I have a dedicated crafter for instance, always has a full inventory of mats I often use to make pies and brews and other assorted items. Also have a dedicated forger which has a full inventory with all forging mats, etc.

Did any of those characters leave a guild by any chance?

2 Likes

Oh my!!! I am sure the Devs will be on top of your issue !!!

Please keep us all in the loop until resolution!

Im sure the devs will release why it is an issue. They are working on it and know what is causing this. The servers went down I think to try and fix this. They are trying to resolve my lost characters but no word on a time frame.

Its hard to switch from skill sheets with 15 minute cool down between skill sheets. The obvious reason I run multiple characters is not to have this cooldown. I can switch and craft what I need then get back on another toon and do other things without incurring a 15 minute cooldown. If this wasn’t an issue I would run 1 character and multiple skill pages.

The 15 min cooldown only applies if you’re outside your home beacon. So you can switch freely and as often as you want providing you’re at home :slight_smile:
Out and about though you’d have to wait. Or if your home base is split into multiple beacons it would be a little annoying!

See the dragon question… he is their support person…

maybe it was this - notice this post by James:

• Fixed an issue where leaving a guild would disconnect your character from your user. We will reconnect characters once we’ve checked their status carefully. This might not happen until next week.
    Release 242: Beacon Reclaims and Compactness!

These characters are not lost and we can repair them. But we need to return them carefully.

We will look at what is required today. But it may take us until early next week if an update is required.

7 Likes