2023 Boundless State of the Universe

I’m sorry but sometimes I can’t stop laughing at the community that is never satisfied. Can’t we just play the game and let the Devs respond when they do… we have new Devs and the same complaints. They did better than James by saying it will be a year before they start… so just enjoy the year. Better we have the game we do now than one that gets worse with monetization and tons of free players that bring back all the old problems we had. I get it can be frustrating but just enjoy it… at least the game is still here.

13 Likes

They gave a soft schedule of what’s going to happen, that it would be a year MINIMUM for them to do the transition. You seem to think that for small studios it’s easy. But the transition of the game is going from a UK based company to a US based one. That’s a whole other set of circumstances and rules that have to be follow to make it an easy and smooth transition.

They’re under no obligation to give any more info than that until the transition is complete. And even after it’s done, they still have to hire a team to get familiar with the programming code and game mechanics. After that, the first area they plan to expand upon is the NPE (New Player Experience) and add some cash shop items to bring in additional revenue for game development.

You’re just going to have to wait patiently. I’ve been playing the game for almost 4 years now. I’m pretty patient. If the game hadn’t sold to @Monumental last year, I’d have left this year. I now plan to stick with it and see it through.

I agree with you. But hey, people. They’re never satisfied unless they have something to complain about… :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :man_facepalming: :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

It’s the ceaseless sense of entitlement that drives me nuts about people asking the same thing over and over.

It was only about three weeks ago that Tiggs reiterated the time scale. How often do you require to be told the same thing to appease your sense of entitlement? Daily? Hourly?

6 Likes

i dont get it too…

as they stated at SEPT’22? it will take a year to transition?

so you can start complain in sept’23 if they dont post a progress info :smiley:

i think we should be happy there are no post, becouse in this state post from them could start with
“we’re very sorry to announce that we encounter a problem and we have to turn off game servers for xxx years”

sorry but not sorry :smiley:
just cant resist

2 Likes

For sure, we just have to wait patiently and keep enjoying the game as it is. As for what Monumental is going to do first it’s really obvious : a block orientation chisel to make all that :skull_and_crossbones::japanese_goblin::skull::poop::face_vomiting::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::scream: Deco Wood fits where and how it is supposed to fit !!! :joy:

7 Likes

09/22 till now, nothing happens…

first it will take 6 months or longer to build a team, but then the transition will take at least a year + then the time for team building.
the posts talk for semselves…

2 Likes

Ok guy.

/10chars

3 Likes

a8c48ac8db7fcdd145b9510582fc15cb

2 Likes

The posts tell the usual story in software and game development.
First you are optimistic to get it done fast. Then after some time reality and the problems kick in which requires to adapt the timeline.
That is why it was 6 months or longer. Due to slower transition we got the “or longer” part which was then updated with the new knowledge to at least 1 year.

As mentioned at the beginning in this thread you can see that they are working on it by the things already transitioned.

2 Likes

Is this forum only a place for superfans to talk about how great Boundless is?

Not a great idea to tell the few remaining to leave because you do not like them asking questions. Comical really.

7 Likes

becouse as you see in post of DerVerfall above
we exactly know where we are, so why complaining if we know what are they doing now and how long we need to wait

3 Likes

Not everyone logs in here everyday like you do. Maybe directing him to that post by DerVerfall and telling him something like “things will get better, hang in there” would be better. But whatever.

4 Likes

@matteodiaz
things will get better, hang in there

4 Likes

I log in about once or twice a week for a couple of hours. That’s down from my login that used to be every day for 3-4 hours.
But you don’t see me complaining. I’m waiting patiently. And I’ll tell you the same thing @Zjawcia said.
Wait patiently or go play something else until things change. No one is forcing you to stay. Nor will we pander to your ego.

4 Likes

Crowd funded games run into this catch-22 where they are out of money, but they cannot increase profits because they don’t have the money to pay people to make the game better.

Boundless is not really a finished game. It got released, but it never got finished.

The leveling/skill system seems like a placeholder system that was added for development purposes with the intention of coming back later and adding a real system…but no money to do that. So now the placeholder is the permanent system and the new player experience is janky.

The combat system seems like a placeholder system that was added for development purposes with the intention of coming back later and fleshing it out fully…but no money to do that. So now combat is half finished and turns a lot of potential players off.

The character creation system seems like a placeholder system added as a first pass and never finished.

The crafting system has weird bottlenecks that rely on the unfinished combat system heavily.

The building system works well enough and is seemingly finished, but where are all the decorations? I think they ran out of money to make those.

The armor system seems to have been underfunded so all the character run around in bikini tops and diapers.

The game just isn’t finished. Selling an unfinished game when there is no clear signs that it will ever BE finished is difficult.

6 Likes

Boundless is a lot more finished than several of the games I’ve tried over the past 10 years. Some games have been in Early Access for 10 years…

1 Like

Just curious here, what exactly are we waiting for? This is by far the oldest game I still pick up from time to time, so I have no clue if games this small and this old actually change at this point? Boundless to me is the best game of its kind and nothing can replace it. But I find myself coming back each year due to hype in the community or from devs that hope is on the horizon, when really just another year goes by. It’s ok if nothing changes, as I said before there aren’t many games that can compete with what we have already. But for me there isn’t enough to keep going. I came back for the 3rd or 4th time after hearing there is hope yet again. But honestly, do things ever change this many years later for a game with such a low player count?

5 Likes

Yes. Early Access/Crowd-Funded games have a deservedly bad reputation for never being finished. That is a problem. People have learned that if the games don’t get finished in the original time scheduled, they probably never will be. Prying money out of people who don’t believe you will ever finish your product is difficult.

3 Likes

things will get better, hang in there

1 Like

complaining and linking posts are 2 different pairs of shoes.

i have the feeling monumental is only doing cosmetics, nothing what they wanted to do in the beginning was done. just change $old_dev = $new_dev;
im loving the game, but after 2 years of wonderstrucks silence i dont want another “silence” while we are waiting for updates. 249 is on the testserver for over 2 years but not the prio for monumental…