Monumental question

Not gonna lie, it’s just amazing to have actual responses after like 2 years of radio silence from the old dev team.

Thank you, Tiggs. I wish you the best of luck with the transition.

7 Likes

Agree :slight_smile: small roadmap of what you have in mind would be awesome.

That is unfortunate that it hasn’t been fully transferred over yet. I’m sure there are lots of hurdles around these sorts of things. Thank you for the update :slight_smile:

1 Like

I asked this question a few weeks ago and was told things got extended from 6 months to a year. So-- we just have to be patient. :slight_smile:

1 Like

ok no prob just checking for me its like james burning a disc and giving it to you but its probably more complicated then that lol

2 Likes

The transition will take at least a year. We then need to hire up a team to learn Boundless, and then we’ll decide the direction Boundless will take (changes to the game)

9 Likes

We’ll keep the lights on in the Oortverse while y’all get the heavy lifting done :v: Thanks for the update.

7 Likes

Tiggs, I can help you on the last issue (changes to the game). Don’t change anything. All is nice and working afaic :+1:

5 Likes

thank you for your answer, but if you could regularly update the situation, I think the community would be reassured.

4 Likes

I think between myself and @majorvex we say it’ll be a year out just for the transfer a few times a month :slight_smile:

8 Likes

In general, what is involved in transitioning a game from one owner to another? Not all the nitty gritty, but the general steps, like getting the names changed on the log in page was one step for eg. I assume there is a lot of waiting for all the legal paperwork etc?

2 Likes

I wish you all the best of luck. And for the members of your team who want to play the game to get a feel for it, there are those like me who are more than willing to help with their experience, especially on things like a meteor hunt. :smiley:

2 Likes

I think people probably keep asking since the answer of one year would be expected to change at the end of the month if that was the answer at the beginning of the month.

The real question is likely: is progress being made on the transition or is progress stalled?

If progress is stalled it makes sense that the one year answer is the same despite time marching forward, especially if there are legal hoops to jump through or similar things happening that are holding up the process.

However, if progress is being made then I think the answer would eventually become 11 months instead of one year (or something like that).

2 Likes

put a suggestion post in the forum for reference…

1 Like

I kinda read her statement as this:
It’ll be 1-year for the full transition [estimated] then they can begin hiring the staff [which could be 6 months to a year from there] Any progress of true updates if any are to be done, or if they continue with the game at all [I don’t see it ending] would be 2-3 years from now as a worst case.

So it shows realistic expectations, but also makes me understand why they would want to relaunch the game. Those who didn’t want to wait would quit, or leave and move on. Die-hards or long-standing community members will stick around or keep onto what little we each have to keep the spirits high and encourage others to join and wait out the decisions, in hopes everything will turn out good in the end and our waiting will be rewarded with rich and full updates.

But a lot of us are just happy to see any updates, or communication. The bar has been set really REALLY low for us long-timers to see anything from the dev teams.

We have hopes of good, but setting my own expectations from what was said, and reading into it. We’re looking likely at 2025/2026 before the game is fully owned and staffed by Monumental, and has it’s first full update to the gameplay. Not just small patches/bug fixes.

4 Likes

I feel this lol. Pretty sure I have posts asking for updates or newsletters dating back to 2015 :sweat_smile:

1 Like

from september last year?

Maybe? I am not sure when exactly the transition officially started. Is it 2-3 years from James’ announcement? Would it 2-3 years from the purchase? Would it be 2-3 years from now? – All of it is under speculation of a player.

It could be any and all of these timelines in some combined fashion. – I don’t claim to be Staff, nor do I try to act like staff. I just take what I read and make my own justifications. I could 10000% be wrong as well, And who knows? We could see the start of things as early as 2024?

But from my own experience, Development can go both ways. They could honestly be working on things now to get it started, but run into issues, and development gets stopped until new team members come onboard, or a contractors get hired to fix said issue.

There is a lot of if’s that can happen between now and then.

I speak from my own experience in this. I too came back to the game when I got a singular reply to an issue I waited months for someone to address. And I don’t regret my return to the game, But I was losing hope I’d ever get the issue resolved, and once it was, my entire guild all came back to play, and we decided to pick up and move to a sovereign with a very tight schedule thinking we only had 6-months to prepare for the onslaught of new members… Only to see the time was extended, and from this thread-- I coulda come back 6 months from now and still had time to prepare.

So TLDR; We have time to play, enjoy the game, make new friends, new enemies, gain new territory, or shrink the territory. We have plenty of time. Invite some friends, and wait until we have more news. No point in asking for status-- it’ll be awhile and when the Devs are ready they will tell us. :slight_smile:

Small Edit: I would love to see when the game is re-released offering something similar to the founder packs-- not the same deals obviously-- but there are so many people that would love to give to this game, very talented individuals who would be able to pour their heart and soul, and often wallets into the game if they could get similar to some of the founder accounts for their own uses. The only plot bonus folks can get is the Deluxe Edition and it’s 10% Plot Bonus, Perhaps something that can offer some other level to help folks.

4 Likes

from my point of view, as small as i know about programming, coding developing…
Monumental need to get all things related to gsme right? all apps, programs, toollls on which Boundless was made right? all libraries, codex, codes, assetts, templates, layouts, the game engine? TBs of datas? bwt iiiits not just copying files?they have to learn which part is mention for what in game? how they all are connected to work? all those generators etc?

im happy we still can play, that game isnt closed for year/s for complete transition

hiring new dev team - they need time to learn how Boundless was made and howe it work and what they can change to keep it working without fatal errors? :smiley: but first - they need to play abit to look how it works from our side? for sure itll be fun playing hand in hand with DEVs :smiley:

what do you think? 1 year after theyll complete Dev Team? we want to know when theyll be ready for playing and talking with us :slight_smile: we still have official Boundless discord

please keep us updated :smiley: even 1 small post every week at special “monday word from DEV” forum topic? :smiley:

have a nice day all :smiley:

7 Likes

they should hire wonderstruck heard they catch up pretty fast :grinning:

7 Likes