3000 Growth from t5/orbs

hi,
i need shimmering orbs to craft agent, mushrums i find very very very few (3) after 2 months in game hahah,
i go then harvest growth on t5 planets i harvest 3058 grofth and have ONLY 58 shimmering orbs its total bored and terrible i use 3x3 titanium shovel but still This works is 2 hours.its 1orb per ±52growth not fun !!! many parts in this game now is unplayable for casuals players i havent really hours and hours only stupid ■■■ ■■■ ■■■ in mountain or harvest huge ammount vaste material for very low ammount usable ingredients.

did you max your Luck Attribute? (growth harvesting)

Shimmering orbs are a secondary drop from growth, they’re much more probable to drop from rare mushrooms on T5-6 worlds. (gathering epic to increase your chances - luck has no affect on shrooms)

yep 8/8 luck and glowing mushrooms i see maybe 3x in 2 months

:man_shrugging:

Sadly, there’s not anything else I can add on the subject.
I bid you goodluck my friend, and hope that things only improve from here on.

1 Like

Are you 100% sure? Did you do extensive testing, or maybe Dev stated it somewhere? I see that look increases drop rates from everything, plants too, but if you have some hard numbers or quote, please do share it.

There should be no reason for luck to NOT! affect mushrooms… :man_shrugging:

1 Like

nope, simply following the tool-tips to the letter.

contrary to what will said above me, i see no reason for it to affect shrooms :man_shrugging::mushroom:

i’ll be super cheeky and come up with an annoying comparison - please do not take it to heart.
Should we test extensively whether shovel mastery affects drop rate?

Will wrote not to affect, and I agree with him. In EA luck did affect every drop, why sudden change? I’d say there were no change recorded in patch notes too… but as we know patch notes are not the most reliable source of truth :wink:

4 Likes

I’m happy to be wrong on this… my gatherer has 8\8 luck + gathering anyway for creature drops and shroom picking anyway…

I think @Hazir was referring to the skill tooltip as below (for those who can’t check the tooltip)

“[LUCK]… Increases the chance of rarer Drops from Blocks and Creatures…”

vs

“[GATHERING EPIC] Increases Drop chance from Plants, Boulders and Fungus…”

Mushrooms are indeed high in protein and suspiciously lack chlorophyll, but we will need extensive testing to confirm whether they are fauna or flora… :wink:

4 Likes

Well, I took blocks to include surface resources, but i guess maybe not :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Luck also increases this:

And what really does it devs only know.

Also,noteworthy

And response to that

Now tell me… what does what :joy: IMHO UI is a mess that’s often misleading, and without proper testing we can just guess what does really do what. And so far none of devs helped in that matter…

@Steggs101 @james anyone? How does luck work exactly, and how does gathering epic work when it comes to drop rates, chances, and what resources work with what skill?

3 Likes

Yeah its been confusing for awhile now. Put this to rest once and for all (and update the tooltip to remove all doubt!)

1 Like

Ok, i went to shedu tier for an orb session.
Max shovel skills and luck.
Used 2 str brews+ diamond cross effect shovel cost a total of 17k.

I got within 25 minutes=
1.7k silty soil
142 waxy worms
2.5k growth
145 shimmering orbs

Seems good to me for 25mins.

3 Likes

I’ll have to go explore shedu tier for growth, I normally just hunt mushrooms and usually get 50 in about half an hour.

1 Like

Ive gotten shimmering orbs from tier 2 planet growth.

The last update to the atlas has helped me find shimmering orbs immensely. This is what I do.

On Beseverona

1. Pop a glowing lamella in my atlas
  2. Run to each bright spot and usually find 1-2 orbs
  3. Keep running so the creatures don’t kill me

Having points in run speed helps alot and I can usually find 36 or s for a mass craft in about a half an hour.

1 Like

Is this the part I suggest you get world regeneration bombs and an aoe shovel to harvest growth when you find a large patch.
This way you get 300+ish shimmering orbs an hour. (with luck and harvest epic)

Harvesting glowing shrooms is a good way also if you dont want or cant use aoe tools. But they are gathered alot by people. So depending on timing you can get 120-150 an hour with decent timing. (Not sure if world regen works on them)

1 Like

Yeah I gave up on shrooms, i’m the unlucky guy that is behind those that already picked them :stuck_out_tongue:

Does it work that way? Can you regenerate Growth directly like that?

Also, do the regeneration bombs work for surface resources?