31 days

Ahhhh people do love me :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Nah this is normal here. I donā€™t get flagged a lot, and of maybe 4 - 5 times, at least three of them have also been badged.

If they just included a ā€œdonā€™t likeā€ button, those people would have something (probably) more constructive to do. At least, more relevant.

As it is itā€™s just sort of like having a ā€œcontroversialā€ rating on a site that uses a less ā€˜fluffyā€™ social system.

2 Likes

My excitement for the upcoming news has me hanging on by a thread. If it turns out to be a bust then Iā€™m going to hold a raffle for all my stuff. Canā€™t hold on forever when new games are in the horizon.

4 Likes

50 days since the microphone turned on and we finally heard that the game perhaps is still alive. Now the community is all ears as we have waited very patiently given the circumstances for information regarding the future of boundless.
Is 249 coming out or is it being scrapped?
Is a new path being carved out for this game or should we still expect to see hunters new oort weapons and other things?
Will the servers be shut down in favor of player ran servers and single player?
Will part of the boundless universe explode taking some official planets with it?

We ask now what will the future hold for boundless and should we keep believing that their even is one.

@james and all of the wonderstruck team we ask that you break your silence and put an end to our suffering.

1 Like

Iā€™m actually at a point where I donā€™t care anymore. The hype is gone for me. @james killed it. As far as Iā€™m concerned, Iā€™ll still casually play the game but they could turn the servers off tomorrow and Iā€™ll happily go on with my life. For the record, this is NOT how you handle communication for a live service video game. This is, in fact, the exact opposite of what you do.

3 Likes

I have to agree. Iā€™m not even on the main universe anymore. Iā€™ve been building on the local server, where I can take my time without worrying about fuel, etc.

Meanwhile, Jamesā€¦
shame-shotgun

2 Likes

Im playing Gulld Wars 2 again, I play DayZ, Last Oasis, Days Gone, Saleblazers (Thanks @ardele) and Star Citizen along with a few others and I spend my time in Boundless when I can and want to.

Nothing wrong with mixing it up :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It bothers me that this could very well be intentional - even if James canā€™t empathize with the strong feelings/upset/attachment some of us have here, he has to see and understand on a logical level what it has done to the player base. Particularly when you look at things like people offering help privately getting snubbedā€¦ it would be one thing if this was a huge game like NMS where no answer might be expected, but coming from a background where people did get answers and felt valued, it sends a pretty strong message. In another post, I gave him benefit of the doubt he might not understand just how hard some of us can take stuff like that, but the more I think about it myself, it becomes harder to believe. If you had big plans for the game, it just makes no sense at all to do this, to discontinue things that would just take moments like sharing things on social media and all.

So the question is, why? By far the most logical explanation I can come up with is that they want to preserve their work and the legacy of their game in some form, but the news is going to include something they know we arenā€™t going to like. Let things die as much as possible, then do it only when it is ready to go. Game still playable so as to preserve their work, but the glaringly obvious thing here that would be ā€œbadā€ is the servers, the cost of which per Phil was out of balance with revenue for a long time. And it would completely explain the change in the update and long delay, since a lot of work would have to go into working out how it will be done.

At this point, Iā€™ll be pleasantly stunned if the news doesnā€™t include the loss of the servers. There is even more adding to this feeling I canā€™t/wonā€™t get into, Iā€™ll just leave it here. Iā€™m trying to maintain hope but it is hard - Iā€™m really at the ā€œno real newsā€ is ā€œreally good newsā€ stage now. I am glad that - if I read this all right - others will be able to continue to play, and I know some prefer the idea of private play. But since it would be the end of it to me, Iā€™d really like my suffering to end here and just know, so that if Iā€™m right, I can go ahead and leave, as that will be painful to me and if it is a fait accompli Iā€™d like to know ASAP rather than prolong it any longer.

James - Seriously, if you have news like this included in whatever else you might add, please go ahead and let us know. I know you may be thinking it is a kindness to hold it off, but really, it will hurt a lot of us more I believe than going ahead and getting it out there.

6 Likes

Always the rebelā€¦. :nerd_face: And pretty much sums it upā€¦.

1 Like

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Removed Posts

Yeah, I know I should. :frowning: Iā€™ve always said games are supposed to be fun and an escape and when they stop being so it is time to cut losses, they should never be a source of unhappiness. I made an exception here as I love this game and community just so much and watching this happen truly bothers me, admittedly probably way too much. I do still love this game, but I think for my own sake, probably time for me to step away from the community and just enjoy the game.

4 Likes