31 days

They don’t talk about it much, but some around here are working on just such a project. I don’t know at which state of development they are at now, but they just might surpass Boundless when they reach their 1.0 release. I would’ve proposed to help with 3D stuff more, but I was being flooded with Discord notifications while I was working, so I had to mute their server. I don’t think Discord is a perfect replacement for a work infrastructure. ^^

3 Likes

Ooooh that sounds very interesting @Goblinounours

1 Like

You should ask people around if you’re interested in following that project.
Maybe @Redlotus knows something. :wink: :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Imagine Boundless + good communication + strong marketing.

Holy !@#^

2 Likes

Let’s not forget actual development happening, too, 'cause communication and marketing don’t make the game happen, and it’s certainly a thing that Boundless has been lacking for about a year and a half. ^^

1 Like

Ah yes, that other project- which has no less than 5 forum members in this thread complaining about a lack of dev communication. When was the last post there?

It’s going swimmingly, clearly.

Who? The Endless Voxels people? About 2 weeks ago they made a big update message about World Gen, UI, Art, with lots of nice concept arts, so if you were implying they were doing worse than Wonderstruck, I would disagree.

2 Likes

lets not go there and stick to boundless in this thread, or ill have to move it to off topic

3 Likes

It is, actually. It’s going quite well. That said, as @HOST correctly stated, let’s stick to Boundless here.

2 Likes

Please stick to Boundless related info here. If you want to talk about other games, there is the “Other Games” thread.

I have mentioned communication issues here because well, I feel it could be done better. You will never hear me trash talk Boundless or James for that matter, what you will hear me stress is the lack of communication is causing an exodus of players. I for one, love this community and the game and it pains me to see a lot of people leave it.

After one minor post, it lit a fire under a lot of people that were just in the forum waiting for an update or some sign of life. I am glad it happened and if I was a member of the Boundless team I would realize that the community wants and needs (due to player base drops) better communication.

That said, I play Boundless consistently. I purchase things in game consistently and I support the game where I can, even if it pains me to do it.

4 Likes

This, this, this.

If I didn’t love this game and the community so much, I wouldn’t be griping. I’d be gone. It is BECAUSE I care that I worry and because I love my fellow players so much that I’ve said things that, coming from me, are pretty harsh, but at the same time still I promote it online in other places and spend a good bit of money on the game. If I didn’t care, I’d just be gone. Like I said elsewhere, and why I also worry…

The opposite of love isn’t hate, it’s indifference.

Love you all. :heart:

8 Likes

Appreciate all you do @bucfanpaka I visit your planets often as do many of us.

I see you too @Soju-VB appreciate all you do and have done if it weren’t for you I would have stopped playing in my first few weeks on Angel I.

4 Likes

Thanks, and I appreciate all you do in the game so much as well! :hugs:

3 Likes

Why are people so sure the original devs will ever come back? I was under the impression that they had officially left Turbulenz / Wonderstruck to work for Larian. Even when BG3 is done there will be plenty to do with updates, DLC, the next big project, etc. Something tells me that working for a bigger studio would be a better job than quitting and going back to Turbulenz. Even if they move on the BG3 credits will get them jobs on other big-name projects. I think this whole notion that people will suddenly be back on Boundless after BG3 is done is wishful thinking.

2 Likes

Well, I believe there might still be a handful of devs left who would still work on Boundless under James, namely Blake and Leahlemoncakes.
But yeah, James will likely need to hire new people if he wants to re-inject life into the game (which might be the “exciting news” we’re waiting for, the presentation of a new team). They especially need new blood in the Art department where they likely have nobody else since Jessy Highland left.

4 Likes

All in all I will patiently await whatever news is coming and I’ll remain hopeful that whatever that news is will bring more players back and new players into the game.

1 Like

This might be one of the only times you see a post get the “Nice reply” badge (10+ likes) while also being flagged for inappropriate content lol.

2 Likes

Its been like 2 weeks since my last flag…I am kinda due for one :stuck_out_tongue:

Weeks now turned into just over a month :frowning: Love to see any good news…Really burnt out on other games, creativerse is just not holding the attention, boundless is the only option! Boundless singing:

Wake me up
Wake me up inside
I can’t wake up
Wake me up inside
Save me
Call my name and save me from the dark
Wake me up
Bid my blood to run
I can’t wake up
Before I come undone
Save me
Save me from the nothing I’ve become

• Credits Evanescence

Lets get some life into the game, we are here and ready :slight_smile:

2 Likes

IMO, there wasn’t anything in that message to justify a flag, but at least it being flagged means a dev is more likely to actually look at it?

1 Like

4 Likes