4th skill page

Now that have maxed out my citizen I have noticed that I’m still earning skill points.

Is there a 4th skill page incoming?

I have now started an alt, due to finding the skill page set up still a bit restrictive at max level, any way to transfer those wasted skill points to my alt?

2 Likes

Transfering points is a lovely idea

Skill points have a varying “value”, as they are extremely easy to grind a lot of in the early levels. I’m just worried that being able to transfer them would allow someone to spam create and delete new alts, gain several levels/sp and transfer them to a higher alt, same way that transferring cubits would cause an imbalance.

2 Likes

Yeah, I get that.

But if it was put in place that you can only transfer skill points from a character that is already maxed out, that would stop that from happening, and mean you are not wasting points by them sitting there unused.

2 Likes

Maybe this is rude and crude, but since skill points are so plentiful once a certain level is reached (one that I have almost reached), maybe they should be spendable. As in, you use em you lose em, and cleanse points don’t return them. Maybe a page cleanse would see your points back tho :hugs:

Who knows, we’ll probably have 10 skill pages eventually.

For an exploit. :wink:

Skill system needs devs to do soul searching. Is this a game where a max level player can do everything? Or a game where we must rely on others for things we can never do?

Right now the game tries to be something in the middle and disappoints all. Players seem to clearly want to be able to do everything on one character. The devs putting restrictions in place implies to me that they did not plan for this (when balancing the game). Yet we got around the restriction anyway with alts and rock xp cheese. So now neither players nor devs are getting what they want.

3 Likes

I hope they don’t nerf the rock exp though, they’d have to change the rating of the game to “S” for sadness.

1 Like

Maybe more skill pages will relieve the symptom short term while they deal with how to provide lasting character development.

For all but those who quit the game early, playing takes the form of… returning to the sanctum to pick another character so you can craft something and then returning to the sanctum to break some blocks, then returning to the sanctum so you can gather something, then returning to the sanctum so you can chisel, then returning to the san… and on and on.

I really dislike the idea of playing many characters (there’s only one of me), so I rely on skill sets. But it’s the same mechanic, walk up to a machine, change skill sets, craft something, change skill set, mine blocks, change skill set, put something in the furnace, change skill set, chisel something… and all the time eat, eat, eat, as changing from one skill set to another can mean you start starving. On top of that, each time you leave your home beacon, you can only play one aspect of the game every 15 minutes.

The alternative to suffering this mechanic is pre-planning each session so you can minimise the hassle - ain’t nobody got time for that :smile:

Max level players shouldn’t be able to do “everything” but they should have ALL maxed attributes.

Right now, I want to be able to chisel things precisely, so I need to choose if I should forget how to run, or stop being able to survive on another planet. How does a choice like this make any sense?

Anyway, I’ve had my rant in another thread (Anterograde Amnesia), suffice to say this is one area of the game I’d personally like to see developed more fully in the short term.

1 Like

Even with a 4th page… we’ll still have the same problem once we hit 400 skill points… something that would be interesting would be something like the paragon leveling system from diablo 3 where we could dump large amounts of skill points for minor boosts and utilities :thinking:

2 Likes

Maybe when you get the maximum amount of SP any additional ones should be converted to coin or cleansing points.

1 Like

Coin makes sense. Other MMOs give coin rewards for quests at max level instead of exp. only problem is boundless has no “quests”

I could also see spending excess skill/cleanse points to buy a skill reset. Better than nothing

Anything to keep our characters meaningfully growing would be awesome! Maybe a lvl 400 character should be able to run 5% faster or hit 5% harder.