60hrs in, me and my friend hit a bit of a wall. Any advice?

Hello everyone.

I’ve been playing for about two weeks now and so far I’ve put around 60hrs into the game. We’ve made quite a bit of progress, but we’re feeling that we’re starting to hit a wall, and we can’t shake the feeling that we’re playing extremely inefficiently. Here’s our setup:

1. I have one character, specialized in chiseling and decoration. The whole build is geared towards building efficiency. I’m around level 24.

2. My friend has two characters. One is a resource gatherer (mining, resistances), the other one is built around building basic machines and tools.

As you can tell, I’m only able to visit some of the lower planets to farm (Circarpous I being the highest place I can reach), while my friend is struggling to level enough to visit the higher planets we would currently need.

I would appreciate if some more experienced players could give us some insight.

1. Would it be efficient for me to get a second character? Maybe make the second one a builder and respec my main to a pure miner? I feel like I’d lose a lot of progress by spreading my time into two characters, no?

2. How do you guys and gals with smaller groups / solo play deal with the massive amount of skills needed to progress?

3. At what point should we consider getting our own portals set up? Currently our most efficient teleport costs us 100c per run, and even though there’s enough coins around, we’re already worried about running out as we’re not making any cash.

Thanks a lot.

5 Likes

Join daily hunts at Meteor Meet at 5PM UTC. (UK time) great way to meet other people,level up with XP, have fun and make money!

Explore more, I found when I connected say one portal it would help find different things every day and keep things more “fresh”. What world are you on out of curiosity?

If your on now, I don’t mind connecting a portal to our hub (I’ll fund the shards) so that you can traverse around the universe a little easier :v:t3:

9 Likes

Alts are very quick to level up to the twenties which means you could easily make one for crafting, one for mining and another for gathering but the downside is as you progress further and eventually get extra skill pages past level 50 you’ll probably wish you had them all on one character… alts or 1 character with skill pages each has there own advantages and disadvantages so it’s mostly down to personal preference on play style.

1 Like

I stuck to one character. I specd him for mining and building. It focused more on mining at first because you can make a lot of xp and coin(from selling ores and gems) from mining on the higher planets. I at first bought most of my building blocks because I wasn’t really capable at first to do most of them myself. But once I had enough skill points I was able to have an okay miner with some building skills. Then I did my second skill page and switched my 1st to straight mining and my second to building.

If you plan on doing all just the two of you mining can be kind of a pain if you don’t use forged tools.(I struggled with my gold/titanium hammers for awhile not wanting to drop a lot of coin on forged tools at the time they were 20k area)

Also remember teaching foods are your friends if you can afford them. I can give 5 teaching pies to you and 5 to your friend if we meet up in game. I’ll be on in about 2hrs.

I also am willing to connect a portal to you at my expense to help get you off your feet. Tho @illuminawtyness has far more portals in his hub then I do and all the ones I have he probably has :sweat_smile:. They would just exit in Slightly different spots.

3 Likes

you have to continue raising the experience, I currently have the 10 characters, only one character at level 286, the rest are filler, I do not use them, I have the 5 folders of skills in this character and so I can have a constructor, a miner, a crafteador, a hunter and now a farmer, only with one character can be 5 at a time, I recommend experience tarts and chiseled as if there was no tomorrow or join the mass fighters, are two good ways to level up very Quick

1 Like

I agree with this. I made an alt when my main was around 35 but only levelled her to 17 and only used her for the portal epic to begin with.

As you level and especially when you reach 50 levelling seems to increase exponentially as you have the ability to do more and to mass craft better items etc.

I’m so glad I stuck with just my main and i now have 4 skill pages and I’m nearly ready to buy my next!

In the mean time, if you want any help almost everyone in here is eager to help new players myself included!

2 Likes

Oh, make yourself a rock tumbling room! A room full of craft tables and refinaries. Then as you collect more and more rock you can tumble them all into stones and then refine them.
This is a great way to level! Lots of people sell rock for cheap or you can just mine a tier 1 planet! An AoE hammer will help and a tier 1 aoe should be cheap

Where abouts is your base?

3 Likes

You need a hunter skill page for sure. My miner is somewhat of a builder. My crafter forger is on a separate skill set. My wife is set up as hunter, cook, crafter.

In the end you wont be able to get past that wall without clearing a path with a hunter.

But at level 24 it will take some time since you will not have the skill points. At that point in the game I did a lot of skill swaps on 1 skill page.

1 Like

Depending on how much time you want to sink into the game… Build a 2nd character focused on mining. Don’t bother with all of the protections, just get 1 to 5 so you can mine on a high tier planet - T6 planets give the most xp. Use all of the coin you get from leveling to buy good hammers (I suggest T5 hammers from the golden fist off of Grov. PS hub along with improved strength brews) AND teaching pies. You will need to Max out power, the hammer skills, and get damage epic to 1 shot the rocks. Unlock mass crafting in your builder when you can. Turn all of the rock you get into stone for experience - always eat teaching pies.

1 Like

Defo get more characters even if you don’t use them later it’s cheaper and quicker to level them to 20 now and make them useful for specific things.
Remember until level 20 skills can be reset unlimited number of times which is handy also.

Hunting and mining and crafting will really help with levelling up, also check the journal alot of the feats are really easy to complete and can get you good xp quick…like visit all the planets, region discovery.

Top tip once your alt is level 12 spec for 4 points in all types of protections and max agility and then visit every planet possible, as skill changes are free till level 20 take advantage of this while you can.

Also before level 20 do as many of the talented citizen ones as you can hint hint…

2 Likes

First of all, thanks a lot! We’re currently still on Dzassak on our starter planet. Having a portal to a more accessible Hub would be awesome, as traveling costs are currently one of our worries. What’s your Hub, if you don’t mind me asking? :slight_smile:

That’s exactly the jump we’re trying to make and struggling currently. My friend, the only miner, isn’t able to farm Titanium yet. And yeah, forged tools are very expensive - We would probably spend all of our coins for a single hammer around that price. But I’ll take you up on the teaching pie offer gladly - As I’m at work right now, I won’t be able to log on for a while, but I’m sure we’ll be able to meet up. I’ll PM you. :slight_smile:

Our base is on Dzassak. Thanks for the suggestion with the rock farming. I wasn’t sure if it really is that efficient, but I guess the mass-crafting makes up for it?

Because the planets get harder and you won’t be able to farm without someone having your back? We already struggle on some planets by ourselves, we figured we might need a dedicated hunter.

3 Likes

Blingz’n’Thingz, We are on Lamblis. Could you meet me in a hub you know of and I can come and get it figured out with you?

2 Likes

My motivation at the beginning was building and still is.
Think of a concept (I started with a walled garden, for example) and go from there. If you like building, you’ll keep coming up with new directions to explore.
Mining is my second biggest time sink…great for getting the mats for the building, and for the xp and therefore the plots. Also amazing for leveling your toon(s).
Crafting takes me from mining to building (gotta refine those mats) and also make stuff top sell, to get coin, to buy/make forged tools. Also great for xp.
That’s my personal take but everyone is different.
I have full set of toons but now only use 1…mining/crafting/building…loads of xp and plots.

1 Like

depends on how much you play. I choose an extra skill page for my main and then added ALTS. On occasion I would need another skill set for my main so I would add one as needed.

Alts end up being great for specializing in a particular trade… Plus they can remain at your base when crafting so you can be somewhere else on a hunt or whatever. Change to the ALT once in a while and setup another mass craft then relogin to your Main character and continue…

1 Like

I might create another character just to make sure I don’t lose my building/chiseling stuff, and respec my main one into a miner. That’s not going to take a lot of skill points on the alt, so I can quickly make sure we don’t lose our building capabilities. He doesn’t need to be fast or efficient, just able to build. :slight_smile:

But yeah, I feel like having my main as a miner for now might be the most efficient way to level up quickly.

Don’t underestimate mass crafting it really does get you levelled quick. Surface gather stuff like inky and fib leaves and mine the stuff you can for now like copper, iron etc then process all that stuff and not only will you level you will also end up sought after mats to sell like spicy beans etc

1 Like

Oh, I have been there for sure! We have direct access to Meteor Meet from our capital, so we’re able to travel quickly to Meteor Meet / TNT / Ultima, so it doesn’t really matter where we meet. I’m at work right now, though, so I won’t be around for a couple more hours. Can I get back to you through PM once I’m sure I have some time?

1 Like

Got the portal saved for you! Speak to you later :v:t3:

3 Likes

I can’t thank you enough. It’s much appreciated, really.

1 Like

Nawty: the portal king :laughing:

2 Likes