A beautiful location ruined

When I rejoined Boundless recently I met @TheStoneOfEvil on my starter world, and decided to set up base nearby. Stone found me a beautiful area of land nearby, which I was really happy with. It was beautiful and quiet, so I built myself a little house.

I returned to my house today to find the area ruined.

A couple of people had moved in around the area, which I don’t mind, but when the very reasons I chose that spot are being destroyed…

I spent hours running back and forth to another island for wood so I could protect a lovely scenic treeline, and its been ruined. The area around my home has been littered with random blocks, some of which have obviously been used to climb my house.

Yes, this is a multiplayer game, and I do want to play with other people, but I wish some people would have a bit more courtesy.

I myself would never take resources from the area around another players home, because I realize that while you can beacon your home, you cant beacon a scenic view. And sometimes, that can be the most important thing to a player.

I am currently in the process of taking my house down form a once breathtaking location to find somewhere new.

Hopefully people will read this and take more care in the future. Sometimes its the little things that get to a person.

1 Like

world regeneration will take action … it will be all okay in a few couple of hours ore some days

3 Likes

Hey man I don’t think you’ve been playing too long because you’ll see the world regenerates and those dissapear unless the player has but a beacon down and plotted their path

4 Likes

this is one reason why there is world regeneration, i think it starts to regenerate if you are not close that area for 24hours. (remember to use beacon so you dont lose your buildings with it. best way to protect things you dont want to lose or get destroyed is with beacon.)

4 Likes

Hello @TheGameChicken. Sorry about this. I am the person who littered your surrounding with the wooden blocks. As this world is in Testing part of Steam, I was doing some testing. Also, I thought that the world was going to regenerate and that the blocks would disappear which they did not this time. We will look into this. Again, sorry about this and I will be more careful next time.

7 Likes

@TheGameChicken, I also recommend you play the Live release of Boundless as the Testing release will be deactivated in the future. Again, sorry for what I have done.

7 Likes

Were you testing the rapid fire settings on your mouse? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

For shame @yota if this keeps up, I’ll have @Havok40k put you in timeout.

6 Likes

Don’t ban me from the forum please :wink:

13 Likes

My, how the tables have turned!

11 Likes

Don’t even think we can ban people, most powerfull tool we have basically is that if multiple of us report spam the user loose his ability to post until an admin takes a look on it.

3 Likes

Looks like we better get to reporting then!

1 Like

I think we should just find the dev houses and wall them all in…

3 Likes

I have been informed that the the world that I littered had the regeneration disabled. Hence, the blocks did not go away. Again, sorry about this.

9 Likes

Apparently I have to ban you now. I sure do hope this power does not go to my hea- BAN HAMMER SMASH!!! :smiling_imp: :hammer: :boom: :skull:

5 Likes

If that is the case, I am going to register so that I have a different name. :sunglasses:

10 Likes

Sneaky sneaky dev!

2 Likes

How do I know if im playing the test or live release?

You have to opt into testing the beta tab.

You can ignore the beta name in that thread. It is just how you find the beta tab and the use betas.

3 Likes

I bought the regular steam version and been playing that. will the version im playing be wiped when the game is officially released?

2 Likes