A few questions from returning player

Hi,
I had to stop for about 8 months playing Boundless and returning I found a lot of things being different from my first few hours of running around in a world and guessing what I could do … and what causes me to die and respawn.

I now have survived 2-3 days and have read a lot of forum threads which did help a lot and have now a nice home with a few basic machines running. Looks like a want to stay in the game and find more and more things to do, mining, building, hunting…

But I also could not find a few answers and perhaps someone can help me:

1/ I have a steam Collectors Edition, which is said to be the “adventurer” level package. For that package - until I will upgrade further - I should be able to craft some special tools…but where do I find the recipe for it. My workbench shows only the normal tools including a lot of tools I currently can not build yet. So, how to get these special tools?

2/ Coins I have found finally but only spend a few for portals, buying stuff is not currently my way to play, I try to find all items myself. But while levelling, I received skillpoints and there is no place where I can do something with them. Is this not yet available? If so, this is OK, I just want to know.

3/ The various places where I can find “documentation” about the game, I have to state that it is difficult to differetiate between “out-dated” and/or “not yet implemented” or “mere idea by someone”. One example is “bow and arrows” vs the existing stringbow(?) weapon. I do not find more recipes, is there only one weapon in game? If it is so, fine, I can shoot down all those beasts on Therka easily with it…but having MIGHTIER weapons would be sooo nice.

4/ is upgrading from my package to higher package accepted currently and where can I find a official ruleset for handling such an upgrade?

3 Likes
  1. the game is still in early access, so only standard crafting recipes are in game at the moment.

2. skills/skill trees are still being worked on, but an initial pass of the proposed implementation should be released within the next few updates.

3. slingbow is currently the only weapon in game. The lance will make its debut soon.

4. Q: Can I upgrade my Boundless package?

Edit: …and of course, welcome back! (sorry was hard pressed on time before, so wanted to get the information across as quickly as possible during my tea break :slight_smile: )

… and thanks to James for fixing my link!

3 Likes

Welcome back to the game!

3 Likes