A new(ish) player's thoughts on the community

So, I’ve been playing Boundless now for a few weeks. A couple of my friends (also relatively new) dragged me in to their humble home on Gellis and I’ve been hooked ever since!

One thing I was worried about coming into the game was the status of its community; on first glance the worlds felt a little empty and every time I saw a neglected city I got a niggling concern that the game was past its peak and we’d feel lonely here……how wrong I was!

I have been completely blown away by the people I’ve met on this game. I decided to start jumping into hunts last week, throwing myself into voice chat and hoping to discover the games community and leaders. I’m incredibly glad I did! I felt comfortable asking questions, learning about the game, its people and its quirks.

It’s been one of the best new player experiences I’ve had in a game with a learning curve as nuanced as this one. I’ve really appreciated everyone’s compassion, generosity and indeed, patience for new player queries. I’ve learned so, so much and I truly feel like I’m beginning to embed myself in the Boundless world.

So, thank you to those of you who have gone out of your way to help me and my friends, and put up with my own personal brand of humour! I look forward to many more conversations, hunts and general ‘bants’ in the future. You’ve turned Boundless into a new gaming home, and for that I’ll be forever grateful.

Big shout out to the TNT, Aussie and Sasquatch peeps in particular! I won’t list names as it would take a while and I fear I’d miss someone :wink:

Although I’m not in a position to give any grandiose advice, I would highly recommend to any new player to hop into a hunt discord chat as it really can take your Boundless experience to a whole new level!

Best,
Neolious

37 Likes

Aussies, sasquatch and TNT are very awesome communities, you chose your starting communities very well!

7 Likes

It’s been so great to get to know you Neo. So glad you were happy to get more involved in the game. :slight_smile:
If there’s ever anything you need help with, just ask.

7 Likes

Haha so it would seem :slight_smile: I feel very lucky to have stumbled across them - and thank you Suji for teaching me the propper way to ‘appraise meteor metrics’ (diplomatic language mode engaged) :wink:

8 Likes

Thanks Karena - thats very much appreciated! Very happy to have met you, on my very first Boundless hunt actually!

5 Likes

I look forward to more hunt shenanigans with you :smiley:

4 Likes

Hahaha likewise!

2 Likes

Glad you are having a good time!
It kind of seems empty but with 50 planets + exos It’s hard to find large groups every time.

3 Likes

Thanks!

Yes thats definitely true - although having been on hunts with 20-55 people at one point, the game certainly feels very alive at times! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Happy you’re enjoying the game! Looking forward to more hunting with you!

4 Likes

Ahh yes, welcome, welcome, Boundless is your life now no other game will ever be interesting enough from now on!

:smiley:

Sooo, you’re saying we should be paid by the devs then, hmm?

@james! Free monthly cubits as our salary please! :grinning:

Hope you will keep having fun with us for a very long time!

7 Likes

It was fun chatting with you during the hunt :slight_smile: Hope to see you around more.

6 Likes

Ark your creepy cat weirds me out

3 Likes

Welcome to the community, if you ever need anything just ask.

Hahah there’s no escape now it seems :wink: Thanks for the warm welcome!

2 Likes

Likewise! I’ll definitely be around more :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks! Much appreciated! :slight_smile:

the BEST shenanigans! :star_struck:

Ah, you’ve got to meet “la crème de la crème”. :smiley:

Welcome @NeoAnderson !

1 Like