A problem in Moebius Plaza

sorry context, that is what i was trying to say… samey (spelling?) all the cities look the same/similar… like a neon Light District hence i used the word bland…

I mean come on guys… this is a voxel universe right?

and another thing…

This has been mentioned so often (at least since i was here about six mnonths ago)

• it was the player’s expectation (and Dev rumor no less) that - one… the game would enter 1.0 in December 2017/Jan 2018 and two… that personal worlds/universes would be a given option on logging into the game - this was going to be happening around the same time as full release…

I don’t think anyone can call Mobieus Plaza or even Aquatopia bland. I think you did have the wrong word there as it’s incredibly loud in color and design. Similar would be right but again this only extends to Moebius Plaza and Aquatopia. There are some really awesome cities out there like Pixelgate - gorgeus, and Steam City is sleek and stylish and personally my favorite. I think @Graham-B you should create a city based on your vision - I’d love to see it. Let me know if you need any materials to help you. I’m FrostMaiden in game.

5 Likes

i will send you a PM @ComplexRogue7

oh was thinking you talking about my plaza even though my name is in city name
i dont have much to do with the construction off it
i got put in title cause i was helping people around there and the real mayor was just a dude with a gleam tower that left the game so another guy overgleamed him and added me there happy they allready toned down the gleam prestige thing a bit
im an aquatarian :smile:

4 Likes

Your “message” was already clearly stated in a forum post. Your newest actions however speak louder then words. You have no respect for the creators and development of this game, it’s community, or what a group of players have built in ONE area represents.

You enjoy chaos, destruction, drama, attention, conformity to your ideals. Those 8000 blocks weren’t art, they were a statement: “I don’t like what I see, so I will abuse an exploitable game mechanic to forcefully interject my own opinion and materials chaotically into a high traffic popular area where the most people can see it and it will have the largest effect.”

Yes.

“Us people” think you are a toxic player. Not because of what you built. Not because it didn’t conform to a specific building template to match its surroundings. But because of what you built, in as many areas as you built it, where you built it, your reasons for building it, and the means in which you built it.

Most of the people I have met in this community so far are anything but “average”. Their builds took massive amounts of time, resources, planning, and dedication to completing them. Many are interested in helping each other, willing to help with completing builds or ensuring they remain and even freely offer supplies or tools to allow another to succeed. The “average” community based games I have spent time in as of late have very little of these quality and exceptional people within them.

It’s an arbitrary first pass on a not fully implemented game mechanic. It requires players to still interact with it. To use it. To build it. It’s more then an approximation of block value, it’s what will eventually become an interesting and engaging system within the game that will allow players who are interested in building to achieve or aspire for it’s reward. If they so choose. However, a majority of the builds that are in game are not focused entirely around the system, and while currently one player could influence and change the standing of an entire city or capitol to swing the title to another, so too could another swing that influence back to where it was once held. There is balance. There is reward. It is a fair, if yet incompletely but actively being developed system for which players do enjoy.

Great, you are probably the first and only person who willing wants someone to come destroy and steal large amounts of labor and love invested into a project.

Then place your builds out away from others and don’t connect to a portal network. Explorers and hunters will find them eventually. Don’t inject them into an existing city’s skyline or backdrop.

We have that. It’s called community events. One is going on right now. Why don’t you grab a free plot, the free tools offered for joining the event, and express yourself there? But of course, this isn’t what you really want, and the prestige system wasn’t built or designed with your mentality and thoughts in mind. It is there for an entirely different group of players. The change you are asking for should instead be that of a new idea to complement the current one. Something that adds the ability for the community to interact with individual or group builds in such a way as to voice their like or dislike of it. I have seen this system implemented in other games. It is also not without its flaws, but would have a place here should enough people voice their need for it.

What is? What is the one defining statement within what you have stated here, in game, or in previous posts? Using one liners for shock and awe effects are all well and good, I too enjoy using them while writing or to emphasis an important statement or point. What exactly is the most important issues here?

Is it this?:
“Someone hijacked my build when my beacon expired.”

My take away from this statement was this:
You failed to properly fuel your beacon and returned after an extended absence to find all of your hard work gone. Having already established your feelings solidly with a previous forum post and finding that the game still requires you to conform to what you feel is a “flawed” and “restrictive” building system, you chose to attack those you felt responsible for allowing this system to go unchecked. The players. You chose wrong.

You speak of beauty as if you are conceptually aware of it’s meaning to others, but are firmly rooted in your own beliefs so heavily that you see no flaw in destroying the work of others for your own gain. So again, the flaw lies with you and your unyielding beliefs, not within us as the community of a game, a game that you are so intent upon forcing change in, using what ever manner you can conceive.

Regards,
-Eld

6 Likes

It would be nice to maybe have some kind of feature on a beacon to force world gen (maybe after 24 hours) on reserved plots around your beacon regardless of foot traffic. Click a button and a timer starts, then world gen happens when the timer hits 0. That way the griefers can be happy for a day, and the owner can just laugh it off and continue with their building later. Everybody wins!

3 Likes

@Eldwen this is my final proclamation within this thread, for I’m legitimately sorry we keep misinterpreting and misunderstanding one another’s intentions: people have looked at my actions now and try to derive my intentions based on their own (or someone else’s) projected logic, which in turn is based on assumptions. I felt the need to explain myself. Because it’s not sensible to base judgement in public, here on the forums, on my actions; but not my words. Ostensibly you don’t trust my word for it.

If that is the case, then allow me to explain one element: I can’t actually choose to lie to you. You see, I have Asperger’s syndrome, preventing me from saying something my brain doen’t mean to say. It also means that I can’t as clearly communicate my objectives on separate levels as easily as you clearly do, or at a similar level of competency at least. Not up to the point where another’s logic is adjoined with my own. As I presume would most naturally be the case when two people meet and communicate.

I sincerely still don’t understand how my actions are different than those of someone within a beacon. I am perplexed how my logic is unacceptable to most of the people that replied here. Again: to me - I’ll write this as respectfully as I possibly can, this time - beacons are not supposed to be… ‘experienced’ like how most people seem to experience them! They have become an absolute safety-bubble in which they seem to justify anything they do to the Gameworlds. I also cannot seem to properly amuse myself with the idea that I were to ‘claim a piece of land as my own’, agreeing to it that a targeted certain someone is allowed to destroy, what others cannot. Firstly, it’s not mine, I only worked the land to make it look different. A somewhat different composition, but it’s not mine. Secondly: that takes all the fun out of what I had in mind for other people that didn’t meet and agree on something beforehand.

The problems you experience with my building-style, the way I did it or the distance I am from yours I really, truly, honestly, cannot compute. Yours is within in a collection of beacons easily identifiable as a city/town, so (I will now assume) that you accept that others could settle close-by. Yet you don’t identify yourself with what I created and obviously you felt urged to destroy it. And then others are somehow motivated to feel that same urge to help you with what is quickly put away as griefing - whatever it’s function is.

But this topic, and the (completely unforeseen) outcome of my actions are really not about me or my intentions. I did not decide to write this topic, I only decided to explain my actions, for people to have peace with why the building was built. Not entirely as a defense, or as a stage to make my statement like you say I did, but because I am also still left with questions myself.

Let me try and give this a last chance:

• I can’t do something in the game, which I could before: go about my business without anyone interfering. Risk what I want to risk (everything), (without the 8 hour world regeneration clock ticking). I would like to simply be able to hide my beacon-name to have it be found and explored by an adventurer. Instead of him magically ‘knowing’ where to be to visit my place, when exploring a world.

• Yes, I also want that unknown player to be able to deface what he has found, if he cares to do so - let me clarify: to allow him/her to ’come upon’ and plunder my build if it were located inside a mountain and had riches to share (for instance). Perchance I will only create 1 beacon with 1 beacon-plot in which the visitor can ‘loot’ what he wants, but the option is not too much asked as far as I believe. I want to be able to fully accept damage done to my builds up to even the complete destruction of the site. I genuinely want to create experiences and add value in my own way to this game.

• The prestige system should have a human factor built-in because players are then collectively responsible for the definition of ‘prestige’ in a way that feels less synthetic. How, is for the development team to offer us some options in - if they’re still willing to consider this. I have shared my opinion and ideas regarding those subjects abundantly. To me the options for ‘human factors’ are endless and easily implemented if discussed how before the why. Until then, to me all our builds considering prestige, can only be seen as a logical ratio of numbers coming from an algorithm, that simply can’t cut the cake the way players can.

And my question was this: why would my build be unwanted or is it so easily identified as such, while beaconed ones are not?

The remarks I have, have to be addressed in my opinion. I also need to configure an answer to my question in order for Boundless to be more successful for myself. I do what I can to provide crude and exhaustive feedback when asked, but I don’t intend to bother anyone with my perspectives considering they are usually (as far as I know) experienced rather ‘chaotic’ by others, so your analysis to that end is correct.
@Eldwen. Please, if you can’t take my word for it, then I truly regret both our efforts; because we tried in vain to get to the bottom of something else.

3 Likes

This would be nice, perhaps being able to make your beacon hidden, im currently building an underwater area in a couple of lakes, would love it to not show up, so people only find it by looking in the lake or finding a hidden entrance somewhere…

7 Likes

Hey everyone, stop trying to answer back just drop it, this argument/misunderstanding isn’t going any where, and this is directed at everyone directly involved in the argument/misunderstanding.

6 Likes

There is talks of a regen bomb that would allow regen of a plot outside of foot traffic restrictions. I have no idea when or if it will be released.

That could be an interesting question if the answer wasn’t that obvious. You built your stuff in a place people don’t wanted stuff built. If somebody beaconed there it would have been worse. But the devs had foreseen it and it is already impossible to do so.

So you mean one special beacon that wouldn’t allow the world to regen but would allow every other players to interact? that’s actually a cool idea.

2 Likes

so this is a real thing not a sugestion oyu made good newz :smile:

and to second this opinion… even i myself (who might be considered a part time forum troll due to past behaviours) - love to work with the community builds… i have one working on a Roof Garden in Aqua… i have another two building The Owergrowth (a project for the comunity to spend their free time (in game) chilling, or walking around the gardens.

Then i have a secret account who no one (apart from a select few) know about… because i also love taking time for me and building any monstrosity that i can come up with :stuck_out_tongue:

So yes… it is - as @Eldwen said… either join in… do your own thing (within your beacon)… or GTFO!

1 Like

I wonder if they might be able to add some sort of sky only plot claims to remedy this. Like after 3 lots off the ground a sky claim can be placed to go up all the way from there or something. Obviously the community here is mostly full of decent people but when we start getting a rush this could really become a major problem.

1 Like