About gleambow in circa

I did this today for the first time and I gotta day… super fun and organized. I’ll be back later!

1 Like

As one of those who didn’t realize they were stealing someone’s spawn, I just happen to be chasing a line of completed gleambow boxes and boom a tangle one landed right next to me and I went to town then another came and I started smashing. Someone said you stole my gleambow so I dropped what I got. Then they explained. I think it’s awesome I spawned and ash one and it was huge!!

1 Like

When i replied on that topic that the OP should report those who insist and trouble them for collecting GB meteors, it sounded to me more like bullying and by a team who is roaming around and summoning (hence one is even less able to know the meteors were summoned than if they all were summoned from the same location). Regardless of my position now about the issue (no need to open the debate again xD), i went today and tried it.

It is an amazing idea that just makes summoning a meteor very efficient. Everyone seemed to respect the queue. People waited a few seconds between launches as to help distinguish meteors. Some even left there alts and chars to aid in getting bigger meteors. Everyone was helpful and it was a great experience that i will definitely try again. It wasnt a bullying group xD (i am still against calling players parasites or leechers).

Was it annoying when someone approached my meteor. Yes. Did i do something about it? No just drank some speed brew lol. I guess it’s the only way to deal with it. Long rant but had to give credit where its due :grin:

4 Likes

Really glad you enjoyed it, it’s turned into and event within an event. If anything it’s a great display of how awesome this community is and it’s willingness to help each other.

1 Like

Do the meteors fall a certain direction? Tried summonong one and it fell loads away from where I was so by the time I got there, dead.

That’s unlucky, I use speed brews, long range grapples and also have guild buffs which help a lot. Meteors spawn in various directions so you need to track them. They have set up portals north. south, east and west to make it easier so that could possibly help you.

I spawned far away from main group so we could access it without interfering. Still landed near group. Rather avoid spawning there as close to my base and rather not have holes everywhere too clise to it. Good thing am on the less “damaged” side

Was there last night, felt like the planet deserved a bit of a break for some regen bombing. Terrain is getting pretty rough

1 Like

I regened a bit earlier. The neighbourhood is becoming rough now…

2 Likes

I used this last night and it was awesome! It was a little discouraging paying 10k for an augment and spawning a meteor just to find a few people camping at the landing spot already, collecting it before i get there but I still got way more loot than normal so all is well. Just have to be faster i suppose.

1 Like

So I was just on circa, hunting meteors, knowing when a player spawns them they are no different than unspawned meteors, so I don’t know if I harvested one a player spawned or not. I was called a ■■■■■■■ idiot by (REMOVED), I was appalled by this it is a gleambow race, I race to meteors and break them, I don’t know if it was player spawned, and there is plenty for wall to enjoy.

2 Likes

I feel sorry for the guy whose base is right by platform people use. It’s usually a really nice forest, peaceful and quiet… I know it’ll go back to normal soon and we’re getting footfall from it but… get of my lawn, damn hooligans! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I’m sorry you were called and idiot, that isn’t right what so ever but please know people who do this are a minority and the ones who organized this as well as the core group who have been doing this doesn’t endorse this behavior. Even though it might be upsetting to them we ask people to be respectful and nice, this is one of the rules that are posted on signs on the first floor of platforms. Unfortunately we can’t control everyone’s behavior.

2 Likes

I actually don’t feel bad what so ever about the people living around the platform, mainly because this isn’t something that’s permanent. It’s a minor inconvenience that will last for not that long. The people who live there are also receiving more footfall than they’ve ever gotten which I think is pretty good compensation for this minor inconvenience.

As far as using regen in the area people are totally allowed to do so but I’d be willing to bet those doing it aren’t doing it before they collect the ort from those meteor. You might be helping the landscape but your also removing a lot of ort from people who might need it. Ort is something we all need and a shortage of it has been a real problem in this game for a while. I’m not saying you shouldn’t regen or what you are doing is bad. Just pointing out there are benefits to other people by not doing it. There are some who don’t spawn meteors and just go around collecting the stuff people have left and the ort.

Yeah, I think I know who you are referring to. It is kind of a shame but thankfully it is temporary.

I mentioned something very similar to that a year ago or so and was told that it was only done to help the community and that the victim should just be happy for the football. Not joking.

A couple of days ago, My playing partner’s 11-year-old son was called a very harsh word for chasing a meteor that landed just a few plots from his front door. Of course, the angry person did not have any way of knowing they were lambasting a child, but still pretty ridiculous.

2 Likes

I just wanted to say how pleased I am with this hunt. It’s a great example of how people can work together to achieve something mutually beneficial. Everyone waits their turn, no one steals from the other, and lots of laughs are to be had in VC! Love this community :smile:

1 Like

I love the idea, i think is fun and very well designed, but I can’t understand why not collect mutated gleamsacs during the event and using the agument to summon gleambow meteors after the event ends.
Gleambow meteor party allover the year!!!

4 Likes

Chances are not very many augments will be used after event because the odds of one spawning after the event is heavily decreased. It’s almost a waste to use them after and the main reason people are doing it now.

From what I’ve been told, right now there is a 1 in 20 chance that a meteor doesn’t spawn with your augment. After the event there is only a 10-15% chance a meteor will spawn with that augment. It’s a no brained to use them now, especially with what’s been organized.

1 Like

I don’t understand WHY the name calling if someone attacked the meteor they spawned… I was spawning in some Friday afternoon with the crew… had one or two players who started walking at the meteor that I spawned and all I said was spawned meteor and lol… They took a few more wacks at it but oh well… everyone WILL get excited when they see the meteor. They will not know if it’s a regular or a spawned one. Just a simple may saying it’s spawned and they will know. No need to be rude or call them names… Heck invite them over and maybe spawn one in for them… The crew who are doing the spawns are super nice and helpful and will offer new comers item(s) to take part in the event.

6 Likes

If you use a GB augment after the event, a GB will spawn.
If you use a GB augment on a T3+ non-event planet, a GB will spawn.

3 Likes