Gleambow 3.0

The people who ran the platform, Jaidic and myself were never calling people names. Quite the opposite actually. If you ask around you’ll find out that after our meteors were stolen we gave them free augments to participate in the group. So I wouldn’t say the forums changed our behavior. But you have a solid argument that it did change the behavior for some people. For better or worse.

These forums became pretty toxic and basically vilified us especially for the planet that we chose to host the event. People used the argument that you can’t tell me what to do and then turning around and telling us what to do like move planets. Aside from building we’d have to launch a ton of meteors to even figure out where the directional portals should be so moving wasn’t really an option. In the future we plan on making our gleambow events private from now so the people who participate in our group will not be treated poorly and then have it justified here in the forums because it falls under the rules of the event.

3 Likes

That is good to know. Not really sure who was being rude and caling people names but I know it happened. I did see a screenshot of a chat posted that seemed over the line and referenced someone’s family member. And some excuses being made such as:

“Try putting yourself in our shoes for a second. We put together a group of people and pay coin to spawn the meteor and then you take it. Would you be upset? Yeah I’m pretty sure”

But in the end, people listened, came together and made it a very inclusive event. Many thanks for that!

2 Likes

Yeah that’s not name calling though that’s just pleading for them to understand our side. Totally different. You can’t expect to treat people poorly and for them to like it.

That comment was made before any name calling was even made aware too

3 Likes

I agree. In my original post, I said there was some name-calling and others made excuses.

I think we are in agreement here

Mainly, but that comment you referenced isn’t making excuses for name calling. It’s just pointing out how we feel. If it said because you upset us that justifies any behavior that happens after it’s a different story.

1 Like

Fair enough.

@Fante what are the plans moving forward? I would like to see gaming life for dispereo get back to normal.

So, is this temporary?

Thanks for the conversation!

We plan on moving the event and making it private to avoid people trolling participants.

4 Likes

What should we do with our augments after the event is over?

Is a monthly gleambow summoning platform a possibility?

Save them, sell them, or go to a T3+ and use them :blush:

4 Likes

Oh yeah, I want to use them. But after seeing t6 meteors for solo, it would be painful to use them unless a similar platform is set up

1 Like

I’m sure groups will gather to use them :+1:

1 Like

If you want to participate in the event I would save them. I know a ton of people who are doing so. It may be a month or two before we host anything official however.

4 Likes

Okay, I’ll save them and wait to see if any events are hosted.

Ok, sounds good. I hope you are also moving it out of some empathy for the person(s) and their bases below.

thank you

Interesting take. Some people were simply trying to point out that GB can be spawned on other planets & after the event.

People were saying that their augments weren’t spawning GB meteors. James said the augments spawn a GB meteor 100% of the time, unless the planet is maxed out on meteors.

By spawning meteors on an event planet (the only place/time players can get natural GB meteors that have mutated sacs), it was causing some augments to fail & preventing natural GB meteors from spawning - on the entire planet for everyone.

As far as trolling - I don’t believe anyone said the players running the platforms were being verbally abusive. Just like in previous GB events, people trash talk each other on the ground…some go too far. Not sure there’s anyway to prevent this behavior. Yes, players were being verbally abusive to others.

James made it clear that GB belong to everyone. No one can steal a GB. If you don’t agree with this, then you should send the devs a PM or start a suggestion thread and state why it should function differently. I personally think they should function differently, and I messaged James about it.

3 Likes

Just fyi, I am not a builder, I spent 2 million to buy the platforms and meteor meet hub so they could be used publicly for the community. So to be asked to move and rebuild during this whole event, is apathetic. He and I both own plots there. Neither of us should be told to move.

4 Likes

I know the official rules. Let me rephrase the meteors we spawned were looted. Glad you made it out majorvex was a lot of fun mostly.

1 Like

According to the current rules, that’s how it works :woman_shrugging:

? I’ve been on every event planet everyday.

1 Like

Yeah it is a great event with obvious flaws which I’m not even sure how they would fix.
Disrupting a normal meteor hunt ruining the game experience for the group? Considered griefing and bannable
Disrupting a gleambow sac hunt or platform hunt ruining the game experience for the group? Perfectly okay. Sac hunts are especially vulnerable to trolling. One person can literally shut down one of these and it fall within the rules.

Regardless, I usually don’t point out things in this game I don’t like because overall I think the devs do a fantastic job and put their heart and sweat into the game. That’s pretty much all you can ask for.

EDIT:
There are two groups of people that were looting meteors.

1. Random people who didn’t know what was going on who we often got involved in our group. Zero issue with that.
  2. People who were purposely chasing spawned meteors over and over again using our platform and portals to do so. At times taunting and laughing. These people are not okay.
2 Likes

:blush: I think there’s a few things they could do:
Spawned GB meteors can only be harvested by the person that spawned them (before they go dormant).
Spawned GB meteors and natural GB can’t happen on the same planet (since one impedes the other).
Or everyone can collect all of the items, just like in regular meteors.

No. People were reporting that they were being bombed and verbally abused - which are the same issues that happen at some regular meteor hunts. It’s not acceptable during any hunt, anywhere. It’s not tied to platform GB hunts.

3 Likes