About inactives with extended gleam club memberships

If you’re inactive long enough IMO gleam club should pause until you return. It would also be nice (long shot here) if people had to sign up for forums and read their messages at least once a month to keep gleam club from pausing. There are a LOT of permanent eyesores and holes that we can never ever get rid of with the current system (and this is the reason I myself still haven’t signed up for gleam club, I think this aspect is bad for the game)

You especially shouldn’t be allowed to have an extended inactive plot with gc AND plot protection on.

Gleam club was intended to save you the trouble of fueling beacons manually. In my opinion, it wasn’t meant to let people stick a hole or unused abandoned shop somewhere and then quit the game.

4 Likes

An email warning for the owner, like when a could service warns you about your inactivity and imminent delete of your account or something.

1 Like

Agree. A lot of people seem to be against change in this game for whatever reason, but I think it’s better to make some kind of change now before the game gets bigger.

Maybe the more prestige your build has the longer you have between logins before your gleamclub pauses.

4 Likes

I understood it was way to guarantee that your builds will be there without any worry if having longer break. Sort of bought cloud storage service.

4 Likes

So make gleamclub useless for taking long breaks, i.e. deployments and such? Thats kind of a game killer for some of us.

Edit: If they added an account name to all alts, you may find many of those gleam club alts are active players just forgotten alts.

6 Likes

Yes that’s a good reason to show account names.

1 Like

inb4 the people going “the system is perfect as it currently is”.

3 Likes

Inb4? What’s that

I personally like the idea of having your beacon auto-fuel for a few weeks whenever you log in. I think it could reduce a lot of anxiety regarding the fuel.

I’d also be up for something that allows the player to receive an e-mail to warn him/her if someone left him a message in-game.
I do get Discord e-mails for that, so I think it could be quite beneficial.

2 Likes

Make it all single player, then there aren’t any complaints about other people. I am all for final solutions.

1 Like

I understand the frustration here. But the point of paying is for the their convenience. Private worlds are on the road map. Some people go on long work ventures or military. Some may have ptsd from it and cope by playing this game. They buy 2 years and go on deployment. Depending on what branch or mission they are in or on may be depending if they can access the internet. I personally would love a way to ask anyone if they could free up or fix a hole they own. I waited for 9 months for a old portal owners beacon to die out. I also have a couple in the city that I gave plots to only for them to start building and never return. To me it looks like trash but hey, I have no idea why they can’t return. I hope they are ok. A lot of people complain about how hard it is to set a reminder and fuel their beacon. To combat this our reply would be” buy gleam club”. Now what would adding the element now having to check in or you lose what you paid for do for protection? Its like installing a security system and it will stop working if you don’t come home giving a X amount of time. Or your flood insurance canceling if you don’t live in your house once a month. It’s kinda silly. You pay, you get coverage. Understandably, those analogies don’t affect others. The eyesore or inconvenience is on you. I think this is something we just have to deal with. To be fair, of course. Let me know what you think. I’m always open to new possibilities and changes.

3 Likes

I’m sure I’m gonna sound like the worst person ever for saying this, but if you know you might be deployed on mission that can last many many months at once, maaaaaybe a game where you build in a shared-world like Boundless isn’t the best game for you. Maybe it’s better to have a game where you have your own private world.
Just sayin’.
And that doesn’t mean all the people who take 12 months of GC to do nothing with their build but aren’t deployed on missions should get a pass because of those who are deployed on missions either.

2 Likes

Sure you could say that, but its not your place and is pretty rude.

3 Likes

Rude? No, I was very polite about it, to be honest.
However, you might say that I didn’t show enough consideration towards the soldiers deployed on missions who are playing the game and having GC on for the duration of their absence.
That’s because if I was such a soldier, I wouldn’t do that.

Like, I have GC on, but if I decide to stop playing before it runs out, I’ll gift my beacon to someone else or I’ll remove my beacon. But I wouldn’t leave my beacon up for glob-knows-how-many months without me being active.

But I am tired of the excuse of “eeeh think of the people who are deployed on missions”.
It’s being used to keep the game as it currently is, and it protects people who use GC as a way to troll.

Gleam club is a way to pay money to avoid having to check periodically. If this changes I will be sad.

7 Likes

There is no need to change how Gleamclub works. It works perfectly in my eyes. You pay for a service, as long as it’s paid you continue to get said service. If you stop paying for it it stops working like everyone else’s beacon.

4 Likes

@DKPuncherello
Called it.

1 Like

It’s a popular opinion because it works exactly how the community originally asked for. Being the obvious answer does not diminish its value as an answer.

4 Likes

That’s easy for you to say but some people get told they are going on a plane to the Middle East in 4 days and then nothing else really matters other than doing what you have to do before you leave.

Video games suddenly drop to the very bottom of the priority list.

I bet there will be changes and:or fixes for these issues at some point but for now all we can do is know how the systems in place work and work around them.

My point was that if you’re a soldier, you know being sent abruptly on mission can happen, so maybe don’t play an MMO game where what you do might impact other players when you’re not here.
I never pretended soldiers should be able to predict the future or something.

And I don’t believe what the community asks for is always the best thing.
Like, someone asked for us to have the plot-visualization map on when we press the build-mode key, and I think it’s a terrible way to do it. It should be a different key, a button in the Tab menu or a setting you can disable.

1 Like