About inactives with extended gleam club memberships

Your point is valid. I agree that it is inconvenient when other players have a beacon with GC and that beacon is in the way of expansion or doesn’t match up with the theme of the builds around it or it is inactive.

However, I think everyone should be welcome to play this game whether they take extended absences or not.

The devs are pretty good about helping when it is obvious a player has done something malicious.

1 Like

Not to mention GC is also just beacon fuel that you can fuel it yourself with 15 weeks worth of fuel. I wouldn’t be happy if my 15 week fuel was paused just cuz I didn’t log into the forums or played to refuel my beacons again. Cuz that’s my timer, I got 15 weeks to fuel it or lose it. Same with GC, pay it or lose it.

And so do I, but that’s not an excuse to say that the game is perfect.
I’m sure a solution could be found to benefit everyone.
But if everytime someone tries, he gets a “mwyeh, the game is perfect, don’t change it”, we are not going to advance.

1 Like

It’s not perfect. I think a good solution would be to have an easy way to move your build to a different location. “Blueprints”.

Ultimately “eyesores” and other unwanted builds have very little to do with gleam club. A player can log in and fuel a beacon every 3 months and do nothing else and some players will complain about their build being abandoned or an eyesore or in their way. So removing gleam club as a way to allow players to safely take a break for whatever reason, only reduces the number of players that might return. There have been all sorts of complaints from players coming back to find everything has regened and quitting the game. So now the suggestion is to make this happen more often by limiting gleam club? Does not sound like a way to grow the game to me.

4 Likes

Agreed.

see what I did there?

Never argued for removing GC or anything.

What I argued for was :
• Make the player’s beacon get a small amount of fuel automatically everytime he/she logs in to reduce the anxiety of the whole re-fuel process.
• Add a way to contact players via e-mail, Steam or PSN, in case they decide to stop playing the game.

1 Like

My response was to the op that wanted gleam club to pause when you do not log into the game.

2 Likes

I think with an app/email system you could use to refresh your timer when you can’t physically log in would be needed first. Also storage for valuable items and a blueprint system.

My main gripe isnt against people who still play but are taking a break/away for real life reasons, it’s more people who reserve land and permanently quit with years of gleam club

I always have Gleamclub. But I don’t really care for being married to the forums, and I would not appreciate having my account paused because I didn’t visit the forums. That would actually deter me from buying gleamclub.

6 Likes

I definetly don’t want a way for you all to contact me via email. Last thing I need is someone throwing a tissy and spamming my email box or for my email adress being made public here. I don’t play on consoles because I got tired of being spammed whenever someone was unhappy.

9 Likes

Ah, my bad.

I’d be all up for a storage system IF it blueprinted a build at the same time so you could restore it elsewhere.
Problem is, like James said, in Boundless, beacons can technically be as big as the world, so they couldn’t store an entire beacon.
That’s something the devs would have to figure out.

Again, nobody said that. A game can allow you to send a message to someone without the e-mail being shared with you…
As for you not wanting to be contacted, I’m sure that could be an option.

Gleam club guaruntees that your beacon is lit for however many weeks you pay for. Whether it is a member of the military being deployed to a combat zone , person having some long term health issues, or a person taking a break it is none of our business… I think messing around with this benefit of gleam club would be inappropriate.

10 Likes

They also said glass would be hard to make chiselable lol. I got faith. Changes might not come for a while though, if at all.

Realistically this is something that would only be solved by rental planets

1 Like

Oh yeah, no doubt they could find a solution.
And I hope they will, because we need such solutions.

1 Like

Boundless with the Gleam Club makes this game great for those in the military on deployment… I think it would be very selfish for us to remove someone’s gleam club protected build while they were serving their country perhaps even in a combat zone…they return home to find their gleam club was a pointless waste of money and their builds are long gone.

I don’t think “pausing” GC that people pay irl $$$ for is the solution. (What does that mean…deleting their stuff till/if they play again? The game has no options for holding stuff for people right now)

I think rental planets will be part of the solution.

If we continue to be allowed to plot on public planets into the future, I think different types of beacons would help.

For example, if you know you are going to build a shopping area or a city, you would plop down a market beacon or a community beacon that would contain different permissions/requirements for anyone that joins/plots in the area. That particular beacon would disallow plot reservations, it would allow real estate trades, etc. Maybe you could also set 30 day evictions on places that haven’t been visited by the owner in X days/months. I’d never use an eviction, but I know some places would put it to use to keep “abandoned” or “unattended” places out of their markets/towns.

I don’t know how you could justify deleting something that someone paid for though - regardless of whether we like it or not :woman_shrugging:t3:

7 Likes

This right here is the type of ideas we need. It is focused around fixing a problem, not using a problem that is barely related to an issue to push an agenda.

3 Likes

I don’t really think anyone is pushing an agenda here. More like starting a dialogue on how to fix a problem, which leads to good ideas like

Inactive beacons from people who quit is a problem. People taking a break for whatever reason is not.

1 Like

I do not feel Military members are accurately represented in this discussion. As a veteran myself with a deployment of 12 months, I know first hand the majority of members know well in advance they will be shipping out. They have the opportunity to plan for things such as a game membership. Very few ship out suddenly and those that do, typically return within weeks.

-Let’s thank those who do not get the chance to come home for some holidays. I personally landed in country ON thanksgiving day. Shared some turkey and sand with my unit. THAT, put the world in perspective.

I do agree that Gleamclub is super helpful for those that have to, or choose to, take a long break from the game. Because you don’t like the sight of the half built, stone hut on the other side of the street from you is a weak argument and frankly is you prioritizing your opinion over another’s ability.

6 Likes

Someone paid for the right for their stuff to be protected for the duration of gleam club, This should not be bypassed because they are inactive. I have about 2 years of gleam club going, cause I do not want to lose my stuff in the event I am hospitalized for an undefined amount of time.

Then there are other people who have jobs or situations that can take them away for a prolonged amount of time, being the the service, that once in a life time jury duty where you are sequestered for a very long time, and so on.

This is subjective, What you think is ugly, may not be ugly to other people, and is most likely not ugly to the person who built it, Anyone can say anything is ugly, I can walk up to any masterpiece, and say it is ugly. everyone haves their own tastes.

3 Likes