About those power coils

yep. That’s why i have a bunch of machines each with 1 coil for non-power crafts. Would prefer that the compacter lasted a bit longer but the rest seem okay

I have a gem spanner for each set of coils but that doesn’t stop them breaking down as much. I’m not complaining simply pointing out something that I feel has become unnecessarily tedious.

It just seems counter intuitive after we were encouraged to connect as many spark cores together to get a reasonable life span out of them after they were nerfed to now have loads of machines with just a couple of coils on each when you can connect 24 to 1 machine.

Oh i have 1 beast for each line in progress with max coils (planned lol) but the way power is applied you gain a huge benefit when crafting normal recipes with 100 power, and not much more by crafting the same recipe in a full 24 coil bench. So i think it’s more about players optimising the existing mechanics than the underlying principle being broken…

2 Likes

It looks like I’m just going to have to dismantle my workshop again and build some sprawling warehouse instead that takes up 10 times the footprint. I tend to build more vertically but I guess the mechanics of the game as you say is encouraging us all to spread out as much as possible. Why fix 1 machine with 24 coils when you can fix 24 machines with 1 coil each :crazy_face:

1 Like

I understand your pain. lol I realized I had too many places on too many planets. So, I have been tearing down several and started building for my alts by the place I was crafting. I realized someday I need a ton of power coils and don’t have the space in the building I have been using. So, I’m making much larger places than I was planning on and will put machines underground with another level under that one to make as a power coil room feeding power up to the machines. The building currently with the machines will become a warehouse. Above ground where building will probably become an area for shop stands with a roof over it to protect my precious skin from solar rays and of course stay dry in rain (and a low wall likely to keep spitters at a distance as they are “vile creatures” in the words of someone when I was new. Ring any bells @Rumplypigskin ) ? :thinking:

2 Likes

Dear devs, please fix power coils. I think there are 3 main issues:

• They take way too much damage (2-3 mass crafts and they are broke).
  • They ALL take the same damage regardless how many the recipe is actually benefiting from.
  • A broken coil that is not giving a benefit to the recipe, takes more damage past broken and requires additional repairs.
  • All of these are fine, just leave it
  • Some of these should be fixed but others are fine
  • Some of these are critical but others are less of an issue
  • All of these are really annoying and they all need to be fixed soon please!

0 voters

2 Likes

I’d also like to add the suggestion of clicking once on the machine with the relevant spanner should fix all the coils attached.

5 Likes

I think each machine should be able to fill up the queue at least twice with mass crafts of the lowest wear recipe for that machine before having to repair it.
maybe one full queue for things like compact medium or hard coal… but I mean what’s the point of having a queue if ONE mass craft will break the machine and all the coils. you should be able to FILL the queue once, not CRAFT once before repairing.

8 Likes

Exactly…
So I’d go further than this and suggest at least 3 runs of the most wearing recipes and work backwards from there.

1 Like

for sure! I was being VERY generous on the side of more wear, but less is better! :smiley:

1 Like

@Creegle
Gem ones will give you 10k and 20k when used a designated one. You will enjoy the quick fix. I have no titanium spanner but silver and gold ones make me whack too long so one starts appreciating gem wonders.

The latest release has a rebalance of wear for machines and power coils.

Please keep the feedback coming.

6 Likes

Please make craftable repairbot from ancient technologie and its fixed (also pet mode). :smile:

2 Likes

Little repairing spitterbot.

1 Like

more about players optimizing the existing mechanics than the underlying principle being broken

I like this. It could apply to a lot of aspects of this game that I hear people ‘talking’ about. I agree that fixing each coil is a pain, it would be nice if they would fix all connected coils like spark generators.

I dont have a problem repairing in fact I pretty much enjoy it, I would be more then happy to come repair peoples coils for a cost :wink::joy: idk it feels good to have to actually repair things. Maybe they could last longer idk but I find it a enjoyable and makes the game feel more interactive

I don’t mind it either, except when you throw a load in your machines before heading to bed then wake up and some of your stuff still hasn’t finished. That’s a bit bothersome. So now I make sure they’re good to go before shutting it down.

On wear: recipes say “causes 300 wear.” Okay 300, that’s not bad. But when you have five advanced coils, that’s really 1500 wear right? 300 for each coil?

1 Like

Nice necro lads :joy:

This discussion was pre-release and was based on temporary bug that made coils wear too fast. (still remember the pain of it). It’s all nicely balanced now I believe. Doesn’t take too much to take care of wear and enough to make all kinds of spanners needed.

I still hate repairing them !!

1 Like