Active player issue

Also here

You will see there is lots of discussion of this topic.

Nothing wrong with stating your concerns, but it is a common concern.

2 Likes

People got tired of grinding . So they bought Fallout 76 and grinded in that game. Once they’re sick and tired of the stupid grind mechanics that Bethesda implemented, they’ll play AC Odyssey and grind it out in that game. Give it 6 months and the devs will introduce new content in this game. Players will resub and grind out the new content before they get bored because of the grindy game mechanics.

And then they’ll buy a great MMO like Division 2 and do more grind. And eventually complain about how grindy that game is. In an effort to to get some relief from the state of todays grindy MMOs, they’ll buy Destiny 3 and grind grind grind some more.

4 Likes

Lol I just grinded out reading your reply, but I had fun at the same time.

And I think that is the point… at least it is for me. For me, it is the fun test. Am I having fun? If not, I try to do something fun to me. Life is way too short of a grind as it is, to not enjoy your time.

7200 on all machines? Lofty goal indeed! Do you have more than 1 of each type of machine?

1 Like

1 of each, I have a stack or two of nice AoE hammers so it’s just a matter of mining the materials. I want to do a machine build like Cerebro on the xMen movies where I walk out and can reach 5 of the 6 machines while standing in one spot… one to my left, one to my right, one in front, and the last couple one above and one below.

1 Like

haha, sounds awesome!

I also try to keep storage boxes with the items I need most for certain mahines nearby so I only have to turn and not move about to grab stuff. But I made my work area bigger past few days and that won’t be so easy anymore tho I have plans of moving the machines now too! And I already had a bit of a ‘corner for this, corner for that’ going and might expand on that a bit more. Like right now I have 1 Extractor that I use exclusively to make forge materials so it’s next to the Centraforge, but since brewing and cooking share some of the mats the 2 mixers for those (1 for brews, 1 for pies/bread) is quite near, and of course needed more Extractors for that too. So on one side I have 2 forges (started with 1), 1 forge exclusive Extractor, 2 mixers and 2 Extractors for brewing/cooking nearby. Oh and a Refinery for sugar and such. In the middle I have 2 workbenches, on the other side I have the stone/brick/decoration area with 2 mixers (1 mostly used lately for making alloys and as an extra for when making a lot of brick, the other is purely for brick mix making), 2 refineries and 2 compactors between those and the workbenches. One compactor is always busy with coal, the other is doing compacted ores/gems to make otehr stuff with usually in the workbench.

And then I have a whole bunch more machines which were meant to only have spark and are actually side by side (the others have 2 block spaces between them to allow for the coils under the floor) but since then I’ve added coils to a workbench there and an extractor which are at the opposite corners…

Sigh, need a bigger space! haha lol, nah, need to re-arrange it, again! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is winding down. They successfully patched out the fun with every “update”, up to a point where its just not worth the time. Also doesnt help that they keep moving the carrot on a stick constantly.

I had big hopes for the “private” planets, but lets be honest… we already have more planets than active players.

2 Likes

I think the lack of content and increased grinding has turned a lot of people off playing, I hear this comment often. Rather than pad the game with interesting content ( which will take time) they have increased the grind to slow people down, assumed to be because they want to keep people busy until more content is introduced. The problem is now we have players who are just waiting to see what happens next with patches before they play again and empty worlds, which then gives people the impression this game is losing players. If I was running things I would be thinking about leaving the nerf bat alone for a bit and concentrate on content patches to get folks back and engaged.

Another comment is that the all of the veterans who accumulated wealth early on pre nerfs and changes are just monopolising everything and a new player is pretty much doomed to be a consumer scrapping around the edges forever.

1 Like

I’ve never found this grind (gathering resources) , easier than it is now.

Bouncing around new planets, filled to the brim with resources ready to be plucked, smashed and grabbed.

The tools provided are better than ever with souped up versions more readily available and cheaper than ever before.

This is not a game that delivers Immediate gratification but rather rewards players who invest time in playing.

Just my cup of tea.

7 Likes

It comes down the the server math on why they’re not advertising. The universe can only support 3840 people(up from 3360 before the new planets, 480 increase) at absolute max capacity. We’re sitting at a comfortable 10-15% saturation right now and people still occasionally complain about server issues. Ultima at a peak hour can get sketchy as is

1 Like

I always thought it was due to the high cost of advertising.

Grab them while you can as it may change shortly.

It tends to be like this in a lot of mmo’s where a small percentage of the players get to usually and it’s about maintaining balance where enough people want to reach it to keep the population healthy while attracting enough newer players to play early and mid game to keep that part of the game alive.

Very recent new title is Let’s Go Eevee/Pikachu. You know how those Pokemon games grab ppl.

Not saying it’s addictive or any thing, but cough I’ve chained enough vulpix’s to get near perfect IVs and a shiny. coughcough Totally not addictive though.

1 Like

I really wish they would quit doing this. All 12 people who want this are thrilled I’m sure.

2 Likes

Relax, when the holiday starts, then the population will rise again. Some of us are just resting, not quitting.

Which you will be bored of the same mindless routine and return tp playing boundless

As a new player, the monopoly of items, high tier ressources and coin doesn’t bother me. It is as expected from earlier players. What bothers me is the monopoly of plots certain people have. It makes you heavily rely on them and they can mess you up by leaving your shop/house stranded or in a less central area. As a new player trying to amass stuff to open portals and shops, it makes me a tad uneasy to trust them.

Creo que la aparicion de nuevos juegos ha echo desaparecer a la gran cantidad de usuarios a los que te refieres, yo soy nuevo y es cierto que noto que no hay gente jugando y eso me apaga un poco al jugar, pero aun asi me encanta el juego y ahora mismo estoy enganchado, faltan los titanes y mas logica a la hora de poner precios y asi mejoraria la economia, un saludo

Interestingly, the game’s population has been extremely stable over the last two weeks at least (don’t have server numbers prior to that point)

I think for the currently active player base, there’s still tremendous sticking power

4 Likes

Oh, yeah. Regardless of… “Distractions” I’m still playing. =D Just balancing.

1 Like