Acts of War on Biitula

Dont you dare leave! Never let anyone drive you off Biitula! Bullies should never prevail!

Besv, nice place, i think second favorite planet. Biitula being my 1st, yeah the protect skills needed to stay there not worth having all my alts there. Why t3 still nice for main bases. Also having a nice place togo to with ur high tier toons is fine. Ideal for harvesting spots.

Support Diplomacy! !

Lol @krasniy will get all the footfall if there is a war! His roads will be used for troop movements! LOL

5 Likes

warface-braveheart

3 Likes

@SamF @james I would truely suggest removing buffers completely. All it has done is give people free plots. Maybe work on how a city is connected thought guild representing or in the beacons themselves. I can not find a new planet to move to. Building on Besevrona will only create a ghost town. I can not survive another move. I will have to move on all together. I have 100s of hours built here in Iconicsberg.

Whether it is a solid plot or a buffer outside your door you are still blocked in.

2 Likes

In a year all those plots were going to be used up anyway. Yā€™all are angering over the original vision of the game.

Orrian, cant leave! I know where its is large empty spots around your city still. Plenty of room to expand. I see your roads moving north of your city. Soon your roads might even touch my roads :wink:

Honest observation: Plot/land wars = bad game reputation, keeping some gamers away from BL and running others off

The plotting issues seem to have been around even in EA, before the wipe & new Universe that we have now.

Edit to add: I am just linking to the entire convo, not a player in particular (I just find it interesting that the same problems still exist with the land system):

Yeah Iā€™ve had this battle before. This is why we keep a wide buffer zone around our holdings. Weā€™re sitting this out, we have no desire to play the plot/prestige war.

Add to that, due to the obvious conflict of interests in me moderating a thread about the city I am a part of (we are part of the iconisburg settlement cluster) Iā€™m recusing myself and will not be doing any moderation here except in plain cases of CoC violations. Iā€™ve called in impartial oversight.

4 Likes

Same^ I learned my lesson, huge plot buffer in place to protect myself.

1 Like

@majorvex i was thinking that new changes with plot system being that roads not get plot buffering. Should help fix mall plot reserve buffer issues?

so I have remained mostly quiet hereā€¦but this is to the person who knows who they are. Please detatch what you did to connect Axon and Iconisburg by the Alamo buildā€¦ Thank you.

Meh.

Thereā€™s so much land plotted in such a way as to make it useless on Biitula i hardly even go outside of the hubs there any more.

1 Like

For the mall, buffers are 100% bad. And the reservation system is 100% bad.
Both of those things prevent people from being able to transfer plots/beacons freely. Weā€™ve got a work-around method that we are using for now.

A road is subjective imo. Is a road one plot wide? Is it two plots wide? Is it only a road if it has a layer of blocks on the ground? A road is just a plot with or without blocks like any other build. Iā€™m not sure how the system could tell the difference between a road and any other build like a bridge, a tunnel, a maze, artwork, etc.

Perhaps we could use specific beacons?

• Road Beacon
  • Commerce Beacon
  • Guild/Club Beacon
  • City/Mall Beacon (for place with lots of close beacons/builds)
2 Likes

They would still be able to block people in like that, just takes a few more plots but if itā€™s someone with a nice bonus plot percentage itā€™s a lot easier I supposeā€¦

1 Like

This is a good idea. It would create clarity on roads

(this could also create more options in the beacon menu for those types of things, and other stuff)

1 Like

Iā€™m closing this thread.

The initial post appears to be a complaint about plotting. I will look into this. @Orrian please PM me the locations to review.

There may be valid discussion beyond this - but this thread isnā€™t the place for it.

13 Likes